VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Hosptial

Rate this topic

Set my Ankle? They were suppose to set my Ankle. I've had my legs set, arms set, etc, but never my ankle. Before I forget, Boondoc, here is a good one for you, and this was the military doctors that said I had gas! I now have an 16 inch scar across my stomach. I don't recall any X-rays being taken, but it has been many years ago. When you have not slept for hours waiting on someone any one to take care of you, you will eventually fall asleep. However, one thing that I would never do on this great site is call another Veteran a liar, no matter how politically correct they make it sound.

Papa

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
...However, one thing that I would never do on this great site is call another Veteran a liar, no matter how politically correct they make it sound.

Papa

Good Morning Papa,...In defense of LarryJ posting that he had a little trouble with your story... He never said that you were a liar. No one on Hadit is calling you a liar. Actually your recounting of your nightmare at the VAMC is not out of the ordinary. Especially when you go back to the old days. I believe you Papa. B)

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

I both contracted and worked for the Indian Health Service (IHS) for 11 years, which is another Government run medical system for a individuals who qualify. The IHS hosptials have patient advisory boards, where patient issues can be brought up. I have not heard of the VA having the same, which is a shame. B)

Commander you are correct. LarryJ I apologize for useing the word "Liar", it was amit to strong.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder
Commander you are correct. LarryJ I apologize for useing the word "Liar", it was amit to strong.

Papa

Oh, that's okay.

I'd also like to apologize. Under the circumstances that you were under when the event occurred, I can see how you could go to sleep.

I'm just afraid of docs, and broken bones (a bad experience when I was 11 years old, and broke BOTH wrists, and by the time they got around to setting them, my arms/wrists had swollen, so they put casts on both arms/wrists..........then the swelling went down......and I wound up with the wrists "healed" in the position that they wound up in, after they kinda flopped around inside the oversized casts........and then they had to go back in, REbreak the bones...yada,yada)!

(I spent 6 MONTHS in casts)

So I guess I'm kinda HYPER vigilant when it comes to stuff like that, besides the pain involved....but I couldn't go to sleep after having had happen to me what did.

I'm sorry. I just got carried away with my paranoia.

Edited by LarryJ

Papa,

You got Me beat with a 15 inch scar.

They went inside Me, so no scars, except bad memories of having a stint replacing My urrater, Mine was shredded, so a stint from My kidney to My bladder was put in, it was drawing up every time I urinated...brought Me to My knees...but no big scar to show...no body want to see my wounds B)

BoonDoc

Set my Ankle? They were suppose to set my Ankle. I've had my legs set, arms set, etc, but never my ankle. Before I forget, Boondoc, here is a good one for you, and this was the military doctors that said I had gas! I now have an 16 inch scar across my stomach. I don't recall any X-rays being taken, but it has been many years ago. When you have not slept for hours waiting on someone any one to take care of you, you will eventually fall asleep. However, one thing that I would never do on this great site is call another Veteran a liar, no matter how politically correct they make it sound.

Papa