VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Response

Rate this question

offshore

Question

I received several SC approvals and 1 denial. I requested a reconsideration. The VARO responded by requiring I choose between the normal appeal process or the DRO process. I chose the DRO and requested an in person consult with the DRO. The VARO acknowledged the DRO selection.

The next thing I receive is another denial completely ignoring the additional new evidence I had submitted, being a copy of an approved fee basis epidural injections and a hand written list of lumbar problems and options from the neurologist consult, which ranged from surgery/injections/PT/Medication. The denial stated the Neurologist stated the pain was not sufficient for injections and surgery. In his hand writting, on his stationary he acknowleged the pinched S1 and surgical option.

It is obvious tis VARO is done with this case and is tossing it in the trash can.

My question is do they have any obligation to allow me a consult with the DRO? Is there any way to tell if my request for reconsideration was reviewed by any body else other than the original reviewer? Can I get a decision out of this VARO?

In general any input on my options would be appreciated.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet