VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Hearing Waco

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

I filed my NOD and requested a DRO Hearing and haven't heard anthing back other than they recieved my NOD. I filed this with the Waco office. I wanted to ask folks who have been through the process how long it took them to get a hearing. Or if anyone has experience with the Waco office specifically what the timeframe is like dealing with them. I was given the impression that a DRO Hearing would typically be completed within 4-6 months but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone have any idea?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I filed my NOD and requested a DRO Hearing and haven't heard anthing back other than they recieved my NOD. I filed this with the Waco office. I wanted to ask folks who have been through the process how long it took them to get a hearing. Or if anyone has experience with the Waco office specifically what the timeframe is like dealing with them. I was given the impression that a DRO Hearing would typically be completed within 4-6 months but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone have any idea?

deyjason,

I would speculate to say you will get your DRO Hearing sometime between

12-36 months after requesting it.

I feel this is a very truthful timeline.

With the current backlog in claims and appeals the wait time continues to

get longer and longer.

I do not post this to discourage you, I post it to prepare you.

If your DRO Hearing should happen quicker that is good for you.

After you have your DRO Hearing - the tape has to be transcribed, be sure to

request a copy. Then a Rating Decision, SOC and/or SSOC is written and a copy

sent to either you or the VSO you have assigned to represent you.

This process also takes it's own time.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

In 2006 November I asked for a DRO Hearing and had it although I had won a claim for S Award the effective date only went back to the date I filed the claim.

Anyway it may surprise you how fast it happens. Call whoever is your VSO at Waco and ask what is up.

Good Luck

Can't vouch for WACO but St Louis took about 7 months to schedule me. Upon receiving their correspondence with the date, I phoned them and requested 2 hours instead of 1 as I had 2 claims I was appealing. It took them almost 7 months to send me a copy of the transcript.

Many points of interest I made were not included in the copy I received,ie The information regarding the defunct Nurse Pract.who did my exam was discharged from ever doing exams at this VAMC due to so many complaints from vets and incorrect exam transcription notes; and all the errors written by her in my C&P exam;

and her name; and her lies about measurements when she never used a gonometer nor tape measure to evaluate my range of motion with my legs/hips/spine; and she led me to believe she was a Dr;

never corrected me when I kept addressing her as Dr Parker;

also the facts noted in my SMR and the points of new IMO's information/diagnoses with direct cooralation of inservice injury-continuation of dr treatments for 38+ YEARS-DIAGNOSES OF CLAIMED INJURY,all not listed on transcripts either...I could go on but I think you get my drift...it was a condensed version, and didn't even hit the most relivent points! Therefore one claim was granted and increased, and the other denied.(The one she did!) The pt advocate let me know about her removal from C&P arena, and also the FOIA employee, as well. So that is what happened to me, and that is the approximate time frame.

BTY it was in early winter 2008(before springtime)(as I told them I was not deceased, and challenged their decision to sever my award after I proved "I WAS ALIVE!") when I requested it and the end of spring of 2009 when I got my SOC results...original claims filed 2003! Also they tried to deny one of my claims stating I never filed the NOD in time...hum...it was on the same form filed for both and signed by my VSO!

Now it sits at BVA, gathering dust, and cobwebs too!

Edited by halos2

Deyjason, I have an appeal at the Waco regional office. I filed my NOD in January '09. The Veterans Service Center Manager gave it to the DRO on February 26, 2009. My wife received a phone call, August 4th, that stated the office is running about 6 months behind. She was told that this month, August '09, February '09 claims would be reviewed. We will see how long it takes.

Thanks for all of the feedback, I know that each case varies as well as each regional office.

Myround0- thanks for the info, I should be hearing something anytime if that is the case, but will make a phone call to make sure my file is still in that pile.