VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stimulus Payments

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

I did not recieve my stimulus payment and called the 800 number and reported it. I was told there was a committee that was hadling these claims and my information would be forwarded to them for review. I was called a few days later and told that I was entitled to the payment and a notice was being sent to the Treasury Dept to issue my payment. I am thankful that they realized there was an error and they are trying to fix the error. However, I still have not recieved anything. Is there anyone else out there with a similar situation and have you received your payment yet? I'm trying to get a feel for how long it should take as well as let other Veterans know that the issue is being fixed.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You had to be receiving payment from the VA for a service connected disability during a certain time period of which I am not sure exactly what it was.  It was generally sometime last year during from the fall to the spring I believe but I can not find the dates maybe someone can chime with a date.  So basically if you where service connected starting from at least a year or more ago you should be included.  

I have no idea why some have received their payment and some have not.  There was not signup or anything like that it was automatic.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its to late to do anything about now but if you got it for Social Security you did not get one from VA.If you did not get it you should have inquired before now.

FYI, if anyone was behind on any federal debt, Child Support, Student loans, The money may have been taken.

If you have questions regarding the offset of your federal tax refund or offset of another U.S. government- issued payment. You can call our Treasury Offset Program (TOP) Call Center to obtain agency contact information. Toll Free: (800) 304-3107; TDD number: (866) 297-0517. They will ask for your SSN and verify your Identity then look to see if there is an offset request attached to you SSN.