VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Otitis Media

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

I worked in close proximity to Jets everyday for years while in service. Otitis Media was in my Service Medical Records several times. Somehow I think that otitis media is related to the tinnitus that I have. VA seems to deny this possibly because I did not have "Boots on the Ground".

o·ti·tis me·di·a

noun Definition: ear infection: a painful inflammation of the middle ear that can cause dizziness and temporary hearing losshttp://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_18616982...itis_media.html

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

3 answers to this question

I worked in close proximity to Jets everyday for years while in service. Otitis Media was in my Service Medical Records several times. Somehow I think that otitis media is related to the tinnitus that I have. VA seems to deny this possibly because I did not have "Boots on the Ground".

o·ti·tis me·di·a

noun Definition: ear infection: a painful inflammation of the middle ear that can cause dizziness and temporary hearing losshttp://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_18616982...itis_media.html

Stretch,

VA is talking BS - Boots on ground doesn't have a darned thing to do

with the relationship of Otitis Media and/or Tinnitus.

I am SC'd and compensated for both, I am a Peace Time Vet and

all I had was Boots on my Feet - lol.

The key for Compensation at 10 % for Otitis Media is that it must be

SUPPURATIVE Otitis Media which simply means infection with drainage.

I receive SC and Comp. for:

Recurrent Suppurative Otitis Media, DC 6200, granted at 10 %

Recurrent Tinnitus, DC 6260, granyed at 10 %.

Hearing loss, SC'd at zero percent

My Rating Decision states something to the fact of:

Recurrent Suppurative Otitis Media, results in Hearing Loss

and Hearing Loss results in Tinnitus.

My feeling are though, that my Tinnitus can be either the result of

either my ENT problems OR my mild TBI, as the medical evidence states both

and goes on to state the closed head injuries were severe enough to

result in gran-mal seizures.

jmho,

carlie

• In Memoriam

It is good that you brought this to my attention, as sometimes I think some things are easy to understand when they are not. Thanks. Any time you think that I am being Obtuse please tell me because the answer is there and I will make it more clear. This is one of the problems of diseases that causes social deprivation.

I was being a little obtuse about the 'Boots on the Ground' comment. The VA's denial of my claim is ridiculous. I was just trying to get the information out, about Otitis Media.

My reference to BOTG was an off-the-wall-comment meaning the VA will deny for ridiculous reasons. The reason for this is because an arty vet can get help and compensation for hearing loss and tinnitus, but a jet vet has to go through the night mare of years of denials. My actual denial, of tinnitus, stated that I was around noise after service.

Noise on the flight deck is at a higher level than arty. Jet vets are around this noise level everyday for years and the noise was almost continuous.

I will post trap levels (landings) and launch levels as soon as I find them to show what I was trying to explain.

• In Memoriam

I found them. These are the trap levels aboard ship during flight ops in the 1970's.

post-167-1251305907_thumb.png

My Otitis Media was recurrent in my SMR. My ears and nose were bleeding on one occasion. Hearing lost was noted in SMR also in several hearing test over my enlistment. I first mentioned this to the VA in 1972.

It just seems that the VA doesn't recognize noise pollution in one particular branch of military service that has the highest noise levels.