VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Former Va Director Sentenced To Prison For Theft

Rate this question

carlie

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for sharing this one.

I am sure there are more similar cases(corruption, fraud, scams, $$ bribery, scratch my back=>i will scratch your back..) happening in various VARO's around the country which includes Guam, Hawaii, Alaska, & others. Wondering how they(sr. VA officials & VSOs) are behaving there in DC, Philadelphia, Chicago, New Jersey, Cleveland, Tampa, & New York area? Curious..

well they should be investigating some of these state run, taxpayer paid service offices too.

the money is going somewhere and it sure is not going to help veterans win their claim. when i called a couple of times to check on my claims every one was off to florida, on my dime and my case was going nowhere.

i had to set a fire under their asses.

one time i called and they did not know who the hell i was.

Edited by skunk

This thing really bothers me..

> if their IT as they politically brag is so efficient, why don't they have an 'Expense Tracking' application system to get flagged sooner?

> wonder if they have a stats which VARO office has the most approved claims?

> which %VSO(DAV, etc..) has been engaged in influencing VA for faster claim approval?

> why don't they have a system to track which VA rater or DRO approves the most?

• HadIt.com Elder

There was a VA psychologist in Tampa running a facility for homeless vets. He was getting money to do this and he was also charging the vets rent. He was a well known thief tied into other thieves in local government. The county commission of Hillsborough County was once considered a racketeering enterprise by law enforcement.

• HadIt.com Elder

She still owes $300K, and she is supposed to pay that back as soon as she gets out.

yeah, right, when pigs fly.

This is the "tip of the iceberg". Time after time, VA pretends that things like this are "isolated incidents" and time after time, we find out these abuses are widespread.

If it can happen in Arizona, are we supposed to believe it cant happen in St. Petersburg, or Cleveland, or NY or any other RO?

The VA has no "checks and balances" system in place to prevent this thievery...it should have been detected and stopped long ago...long before it reached hundreds of thousands of dollars..or even millions of dollars like the IT fiasco.

Its no wonder why the VA is so stingy at approving our claims and awarding benefits..they are far too busy stealing money and awarding each other bonuses to get down to the business of Veterans claims. There is only so much money..so that $300,000 HAD to come from somewhere, and I think it comes from legitimate Veterans claims being denied in order to award bonuses and to allow for this corruption to continue.