VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Maximum Soldier Height For Army In 1964

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

In 1964 when I entered the Army I was measured at the height of 79” an my medical records but was actually 80” tall. Does anyone know what the maximum height was in 1964 for a solider to enter Army? During my 3 year tour the old cots/beds were always to short. Since I have a budging disc I want to include my height exceeded the Army’s max height as a condition that aggregated my disc problem.

Thanks for any replies

Ken1

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

In 1968 it was 76# and I had hell at 73 1/2' fitting in. That was for Army. My brother was 78 inches and Navy took him in 1970. You probably signed a waiver you are not aware of...

Pete

Thanks for the reply, I do not recall a waiver but If I did it should be in my "C file that I have requested a copy.

Thanks

Ken1

• HadIt.com Elder

Might want to check your military personnel files too. Found my re-enlistment papers and other interesting things in mine.

Cowgirl

Pete

Thanks for the reply, I do not recall a waiver but If I did it should be in my "C file that I have requested a copy.

Thanks

Ken1

A few years ago I was 80" tall now close to 79+" and now I am 63 years old

Io both induction and separation medical exam list me as 79"

I hurt my lower back in basic training even have a buddy statement. For 1 1/2 years I was a driver for an M60-A1 tank with the Tee Bar steering. I believe that the vibration and me being folded up in driver compartment added to some of my back problems.

FYI, I could stand flat footed in the loaders area and look out the loaders hatch on top of turret. Was I to talk for tanks I think yes but @ 18/19 years old I had a blast

Ken1

A few years ago I was 80" tall now close to 79+" and now I am 63 years old

Io both induction and separation medical exam list me as 79"

I hurt my lower back in basic training even have a buddy statement. For 1 1/2 years I was a driver for an M60-A1 tank with the Tee Bar steering. I believe that the vibration and me being folded up in driver compartment added to some of my back problems.

FYI, I could stand flat footed in the loaders area and look out the loaders hatch on top of turret. Was I to talk for tanks I think yes but @ 18/19 years old I had a blast

Ken1

I know the service academies don't accept anyone over 6'8'' but I'm don't know what the army or the others do.

Bill