VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Nod And Increase.

Rate this question

Chris111

Question

I am about to file a NOD on a couple of issues that were denied. I feel i have some better evidence and a IME from a private doctor that can swing these items in my favor. I also have a 30% ptsd decision i feel was underrated; but have been going to vet center and that wasnt taken into account in my claim. Does someone have any advise on how to go about doing this? i like to make it short and sweet.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am about to file a NOD on a couple of issues that were denied. I feel i have some better evidence and a IME from a private doctor that can swing these items in my favor. I also have a 30% ptsd decision i feel was underrated; but have been going to vet center and that wasnt taken into account in my claim. Does someone have any advise on how to go about doing this? i like to make it short and sweet.

The shortest and sweetest way to handle this is to file a simple NOD and request a hearing with the local DRO. That way you can present your evidence and arguments in person.

I read about two types of DRO review, one being personal meeting. If i can not make the meeting will a VSO handle this for me? Also for the PTSD 30% rating; i do not have records from the Vet Center counseling; and neither did the original rater. can i just tell them in nod to get my records?

I read about two types of DRO review, one being personal meeting. If i can not make the meeting will a VSO handle this for me? Also for the PTSD 30% rating; i do not have records from the Vet Center counseling; and neither did the original rater. can i just tell them in nod to get my records?

Chris,

1)

You can get a copy of your records from the Vet Center and submit them

to the VARO yourself.

A psychologist I had in the past (that was the team leader at

my Vet Center) stated this is better for the Veteran as this way your

provider at the Vet Center can provide the information they have that relates

to your SC'd conditions and anything that relates to your current claim.

Somethings are better off staying between you and your Vet Center provider

and not being released to the VARO.

2)

Your other option is to sign a blanket release of Information to the VARO from

the Vet Center - then the VARO will most likely get everything.

Now when they read the entire Vet Center notes, there could be something in there

that would be a negative towards granting your claim.

I do not advise to do any lying to VA or the Vet Center - some things

just have nothing to with your claim - but the VARO can take that information

and use it against you.

I opt for the first option.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Take a look at my website. You might find a lot of help in compiling it into a quick and concise manner.

fanaticbooks

www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

Carlie

I did not know that you can pick and choose which information to send to the VA from the Vet Center. Can this also be done at the VA hospital?

bronco,

If you get your records from the Vet Center then it's upto you

on what you decide to submit to VARO,out of those records.

In fulfilling the duty to assist, VBA is supposed to get your records from the VAMC,

if you have told them this is where you get your medical care,

especially the specific records that you have told them relate to your claim.

jmho,

carlie