VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Will Reimburse

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfaug09/nf082709-5.htm

They also are saying only 600 vets got this letter informing them that they had ALS - a fatal disease.The general scuttlebutt in vets communities is over 1200 vets got them.

Some vets ,such as a female veteran distraught and concerned -went right to a private doctor and she got a 3,000 thousand med bill-that showed she did not have ALS-

WHoever made this error or approved of those letters should be canned.

I think everyday I have seen it all- VA cannot outdo itself on the numerous fiascos they have already made -datagate,shreddergate, the lack of suicide stats in vets, bonuses to RO directors who condone faulty and negligent work-etc,etc- and their incompetent handling of probative claims-

yet they still manage to commit more egriegous errors in dealing with the very population that should not be messed with- disabled veterans-

who are the very reason they are employed at the VA.

The VA has said they will re-imburse any vet who- due to this ridiculous ALS letter-had to pay private testing fees for ALS.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

IOts a sad mistake but than again in the past the VA never informed us of anything. There has to be some kind of balance and some sort of checking system before a letter like that goes out.

I will bet that many of these Vets who got the letter could file for service connection cause it is in their files

• HadIt.com Elder

Gale will be glad to get her 3,000 back, I have a funny feeling before she gets thru with them, they will really regret sending her one of those letters rofl I have known her about 5 years and she is a great veterans advocate she has been on the NGWRC board before I joined it years ago.....I had my fingers into a lot of things over the years of my service a lot of things that could have caused my extensive health problems, Edgewood, Gulf War, Korea, Fort Wainwright, Alaska etc, I knew my claim was going to be a mess when I filed it, the GWS they did not want to admit anyone was hurt by the Gulf War remember when they tried telling everyone it was all mental? Then everything about Edgewood was still classified in 2002, the mugging and robbery in Alaska, I had agood idea 7 years ago the fight would take a while, I never thought it would take 7 years though.....

thanks for updating us on this Berta...