VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eed Date

Rate this question

gp747

Question

ok i have a question i filed for increase and also filed for ptsd among ther things . i won the increase 30%to 50%,but said even though when i went in for c and p doc on first award said bipolar, panic attacks and ptsd. they only compensate me for the bipolar and say the panic attacks are part of bipolar.

now on the ptsd says since i have a diagnoses of ptsd the claim is now reopened and

continueing but denied because of the stressor factor.

i was a truck driver and my situation is different from a lot of people ,i was hauling ammo to artillery,prisoners,just all over the place away from my main unit.

you know constantly worrying about mines etc.

this last award is dated 5 may 2008 is that my eed time to start the one year . the effective date for the increase was sept 29 2008.

so the claims i added should have had the clock ticking "on the one year" 5 may 2008

right????

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Can you scan a copy of your latest award from the VA? Please remove personal data (names, etc to protect the innocent). Maybe then someone here can figure out how to best help you.

Also, when did you put in for increase? and what condition was that for?

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

ok i have a question i filed for increase and also filed for ptsd among ther things . i won the increase 30%to 50%,but said even though when i went in for c and p doc on first award said bipolar, panic attacks and ptsd. they only compensate me for the bipolar and say the panic attacks are part of bipolar.

now on the ptsd says since i have a diagnoses of ptsd the claim is now reopened and

continueing but denied because of the stressor factor.

i was a truck driver and my situation is different from a lot of people ,i was hauling ammo to artillery,prisoners,just all over the place away from my main unit.

you know constantly worrying about mines etc.

this last award is dated 5 may 2008 is that my eed time to start the one year . the effective date for the increase was sept 29 2008.

so the claims i added should have had the clock ticking "on the one year" 5 may 2008

right????

The clock ticks when the denial letter is received-there is one year after that date (save the envelope too)in which to file the NOD.

The VA only makes one award for mental disabilities.

If the VA relaxes some of the stressor requirements ( as within the proposed reg here at hadit and at the Federal Register web site-and you have nexus statement from your doctor,perhaps you could succeed in the PTSD claim.

I am going to make public comment on this proposed new way of handling PTSD claims but I dont know if it would be retroactive or will just apply to new claims.

From what you stated -IMHO- this does not raise to the level of stressor.

I have topic here under Definition of a Stressor.

The clock ticks when the denial letter is received-there is one year after that date (save the envelope too)in which to file the NOD.

The VA only makes one award for mental disabilities.

If the VA relaxes some of the stressor requirements ( as within the proposed reg here at hadit and at the Federal Register web site-and you have nexus statement from your doctor,perhaps you could succeed in the PTSD claim.

I am going to make public comment on this proposed new way of handling PTSD claims but I dont know if it would be retroactive or will just apply to new claims.

From what you stated -IMHO- this does not raise to the level of stressor.

I have topic here under Definition of a Stressor.

there is a lot more than what i stated and doc would have not diagnosed me with ptsd without having stated stressors . i have a inique situation as to proving mine ,believe me i was there and have witnessed the stressors. proving mine will or could be a battle.

i was flown over there with guys i did not know and put with an outfit that sent me out on my own a lot. i am no hero,but have witnessed many stressors.