VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Alert

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/forbeneficiaries.asp

"Fraud Alert!

The Department of Veterans Affairs has reported that the "Patient Care Group" is conducting a scam operation against veterans who receive VA prescriptions. Callers claiming to be representatives of this group tell veterans that their prescriptions are being administered by the company. They then ask for credit card information so that the veterans can continue to receive their medications. VA officials said that the department has made no change to its prescription system, and that veterans should not provide any information to callers from this group. "

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Nevergive out bank information or credit card information to anyone over the phone...There are so many scam artists out there and they particularly try to scam the disabled and elderly. Be aware.

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/forbeneficiaries.asp

"Fraud Alert!

The Department of Veterans Affairs has reported that the "Patient Care Group" is conducting a scam operation against veterans who receive VA prescriptions. Callers claiming to be representatives of this group tell veterans that their prescriptions are being administered by the company. They then ask for credit card information so that the veterans can continue to receive their medications. VA officials said that the department has made no change to its prescription system, and that veterans should not provide any information to callers from this group. "

I keep getting this annoying call from this company "online pharmacy." They immediately want my CC to refil my medications. I keep telling them to take me off their list and not call again and that I don't need their medications since I get them free.

They keep calling anyway so I bought a whistle to blow their ears out next time they call.

dh

Nevergive out bank information or credit card information to anyone over the phone...There are so many scam artists out there and they particularly try to scam the disabled and elderly. Be aware.

I keep getting this annoying call from this company "online pharmacy." They immediately want my CC to refil my medications. I keep telling them to take me off their list and not call again and that I don't need their medications since I get them free.

They keep calling anyway so I bought a whistle to blow their ears out next time they call.

dh

I heard one of the morning show guys do the funnest things to a caller... OK this guy was not a fraud caller... but still... He asked for the guys who was calling him for his entire name, and address. Had him spell it out. Then ID'd him self as a detective in the homicide squad and he thought that it was very interesting that this guy was calling at this particular time. Got the guys address, county and state and they kind of shouted to one of his "deputies" if they had any contacts in this guys county sheriffs office that could go down and interview him... It really was one of the funniest radio morning shows I think that I ever listed to.

I like when they call. I will ask them to hold as someone is at the door. I will put the phone down, come back about 5 min later see if they are still there, talk for about 2 seconds and then do it again. I kills there productivity... I love it... 8)