VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi Re-evaluation Question

Rate this question

usmpsoldier84

Question

I had received a letter informing me of a possible increase from my current 10% rating on my TBI. I just dont know how to go about requesting this. I have searched the forum but im new to this and cant find the information im looking for. I dont know what form and what to write to request a re evaluation or who to mail or fax it to. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks for this forum to all who participate.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Definately get re-evaluated. The forms are standard and someone will probably post a link for you. However, I reccomend using a VSO. There should be someone in your area that can help you with the forms. Either a county Veterans Service Officer or someone from the DVA, VVA, VFW, ect.

Learn about the rating guidlines so you know what rating you should have and state it in the claim to re-open.

Do you have problems with memory, attention or consentration?

I had received a letter informing me of a possible increase from my current 10% rating on my TBI. I just dont know how to go about requesting this. I have searched the forum but im new to this and cant find the information im looking for. I dont know what form and what to write to request a re evaluation or who to mail or fax it to. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks for this forum to all who participate.

usmp,

Your TBI letter probably reads about the same as mine and the letter should instruct you

on how to go about being re-evaluated.

I noticed you are 50 % SC and stated you currently recieve 10 % rating on TBI.

What are all of your SC's for, include the Diagnostic Codes (DC's) if you know them.

When were you separated from AD ?

When did you originally file for SC disability benefits ?

Below is a link to a thread you might benefit from.

The thread also has a copy of my TBI re-evaluation notification letter

in it, which should read almost word for word like yours.

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25847&hl=

carlie

They have to consider cognitive, physical, emotuional and subjective evidence in rating TBI under the OCt 23, 2008 regs.

This is where the new VBM< has a wealth of info on TBI but I cannot copy it here-

I agree that a good rep should help with the claim

ANy awards based on the new TBI criteria will not have retro payments prior to Oct 23, 2008.

Every vet rep should have the Table under Diagnostic Code 8045-a ten point table to help with assessment of cognitive residuals- if they dont have this table- find a rep who does.

It should be within 38 CFR 4.12a,DC 8045