VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Bva Decision

Rate this question

Penelope

Question

I have been re-reading my BVA decision and have a question I would appreciate help with. I had a C&P exam in 1993 and the result was possible chronic fatigue syndrome, suggestive of no other disease and adjustment disorder with depression.

The ultimate BVA decision granted for CFS. My question is this: Is Adjustment order w/depression considered part of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or is that a separate issue? If it is a separate issue, they are not considering that part of the Service Connection, even though I was diagnosed with depression in the service medical records. Or are they just mentioning this as a current status? I hope my question is clear.

The decision also says no extra-schedular evaluations are necessary. Is this what is meant when people say, "No future exams scheduled"? Other than my normal visits to the dr., I have had no C&P exams by VA since 1993.

I apologize if this is confusing, I am just trying to get this straight in my mind. Thanks for your time.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Your award is Permanent and Total. That is big.

Congrats

Pete -- I am totally confused now. It doesn't say Permanent and Total. I have been receiving 60% since 1996. If it is "Permanent and Total", what does that mean? I appreciate the insight.

No=not Permanent and total- VA makes a determination of P & T only if the vet is 100% or gets TDIU.

Also the VA can re-evaluate a disability whether they say no future exams or not.

The 60% -is this solely for CFS?

Can you give us the BVA Docket and Citation Number> These decisions are public (no personal info is posted) and we could determine bvetter the answer to your question by reading the decision,

Did you formally claim the adjustment disorder with depression as a separate issue?

No=not Permanent and total- VA makes a determination of P & T only if the vet is 100% or gets TDIU.

Also the VA can re-evaluate a disability whether they say no future exams or not.

The 60% -is this solely for CFS?

Can you give us the BVA Docket and Citation Number> These decisions are public (no personal info is posted) and we could determine bvetter the answer to your question by reading the decision,

Did you formally claim the adjustment disorder with depression as a separate issue?

Docket # 93-11 229

The Citation Number is 9801156

Decision Date 1/15/98

I only filed for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Thanks for your help.

The decision also says no extra-schedular evaluations are necessary. Is this what is meant when people say, "No future exams scheduled"? Other than my normal visits to the dr., I have had no C&P exams by VA since 1993.

I apologize if this is confusing, I am just trying to get this straight in my mind. Thanks for your time.

THIS has nothing to do with either P&T or future examinations.

It only pertains to the fact that they are not ordering an

exam or evaluation for extra- schedular considerations.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

well soon you will have the 20 years locked in if you have depression secondary to your CFS I am pretty sure you will have to file a seperate claim asking for the rating however if you do that they can then look at your CFS and determine if it has gotten "better" some times it is best to leave sleeping dogs lie, are you still working or are you on SSD?