VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Ptsd

Rate this question

clark l namias

Question

ive been pretty bad lately crying all day and night my mind racing a million miles a second and thinking about my buddies over in viet. my best buddy blew his you know what i mean and i was in the next bunker. 11b/13b 68-69, 70-71. i finally went looking for help at the vet center in town. and dr hayes told me i had ptsd, some times i totally break down i did this in his office and he took me to the clinic and saw a phyco. dr and he gave me celexa and to help me sleep trazdone i currently have a increase request in for some things i also take methadone and tramdol for my back and i am diabetc insulin 2 types and pills. help what should i do now? i dont know if i am losing my mind or what. thank you for the reply. :) :huh::huh: :D B) :)

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

No you sure are not losing your mind at all-

PTSD can immerge decades after stressors-

PTSD is a normal reaction to supernatural and often unthinkable events.

If I were you I would google all the meds you take to make sure they dont cause side affects that could add to your PTSD-and by all means take advantage of any PTSD counselling and Vet Center help-the comradery of other PTSD vets can be a God send- I heard many at the vet center say they felt so alone and thought they were crazy until they found other vets had PTSD too.

When was last time your HBIAC was checked.

Insulin levels can affect our emotions and thinking processes too.

PS I fopgot to explain- The "supernatural" connotation came from my studies at AMU-

SLA Marshall- a superb military leader could only described warfare in the term supernatural- because he meant the stressors of combat are often beyond what non combatants can possibly imagine.

My husband was vocal about his PTSD stressors-I thought I knew them all- some were beyond horrific (USMC Nam 65-66)and then one day he told me he could not even attempt to talk about the really horrific things-things that would stay with him until he died.

He always said Vietnam was horrible and wonderful-and often tried to focus on how beautiful the place was and how he met many kind Vietnamese and made many good friends -some of whom came back alive.

Vietnam was a war not like other wars in many respects.This fact is part of PTSD.

to everyone my aic is 6.6 and i have been getting epdurals for my back proble had a tkr on r knee dr messed up got another one who really tried but can only bend my knee 40-45% was on zolof did not work at all at 100mg a day. thank you for you reponse, berta did you forward my email address to that person who needed help on mustard gas?? i totaly fell the same way about talking!! :D B) :)

• HadIt.com Elder

Clark:

You have taken a very important step going to Vet Center. Your symptoms need treatment and medication to help you get over the rough patch. You will feel better I promise.

Many of us have felt that we were losing our mind or that we were just plain nuts. The fact is its neither and we can hope for better days.

I will pray for your recovery.

Pete