VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fact Or Fiction

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Someone has posted on 8 vet sites that the VA is going to put Parkinson's on the AO list.

Their source was a vet rep in Missouri-

I see nothing yet at the VA web site or in their media releases on this and the IOM report was not all that strong on the Parkinson's link.

Vet advocates have done tremendous work to get Parkinsons on the presumptive list-

but as soon as I read this (veteransinfo site-Steve Burns) I remembered when the El PAso News had a story 2 years ago that VA would SC HBP to AO.

I called the reporter and after a few more calls and emails I found that I not only knew the rep who started this erroneous news but that it had gone out to many web sites and many many AO vets without any DMII potential for the HBP thought they would get SC for their HBP.

Unfortunately I had a rep who I wouldn't believe if he said it was dark out last night.

I am calling the vet org source of this news later (they are in different time zone and not open yet)

to see what evidence they have for this-

It would be WONDERFUL if true- PArkinsons on the AO list-

and devastating to Parkinson vets exposed to AO- if they see this news on the net and get their hopes up for nothing.

Anyone else get this info? I hope if Colonel Dan sends it out -he too has checked on it.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question