VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo For A Dro Hearing

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

I don't really know that i am looking for an answer since there isn't a cut and dried answer. this is more on the order of putting my experience out there and others can compare and contrast with their own experiences and maybe figure what's coming down the pike for them if and when the time comes.

I called numerous Chiropractors and they wanted to do the full treatment or kiss off with the documentation and write a letter in the proper form.

afte numerous calls, i found a nurse at Carolina Spine and Nuerology in Asheville that was kind enough to have me gather the MRI discs, SMR's..... and said she would take care of it. I printed a page from the Bash site to give them an idea for form. I didn't feel right telling them the word for word on how to phrase it, but this is soooooo "what a reasonable person would believe/construe as SC I just don't phathom how it could take a word for word.

For Example, I got a copy of my Durham VAMC and flex x-ray blew their denial to knigdom come. Fur crying out loud what more could it take. It clearly stated the degree I was SLR positive, when they said I was negative! It just goes on, restricted flex.......which they said there was none.

Lying, cheating.............

I just can't say it in mixed company.

I almost had a heart attach this am when the VAS honestly called me wanting to know exactly what I wanted to appeal, which was 1 thing, the lumbar denial.

Worst than the Army/PO/both on LSD.

Just for thought. I also sent some info to Bash just to see what was up with that.

Hi everybody.

Edited by cannoncocker

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The criteria for an IMO is here at hadit.

I developed that criteria based on my IMOs from Dr. Bash as to how he covered all of the bases in them.

If you got denial based on a C & P from a VA nurse-this nurse's opinion should have greater weight-obvious with her site of employment.

She needs all available clinical records, X Rays etc to opine and also must give a full medical rationale.

She should make specific referrals to your medical evidence and it would not hurt to use, as Dr. Bash did in my IMos, references and citations to abstracts or med texts that support her opinion.

forgot to add- she should have copies of the C & P too-and maybe even the SOC-if you are basing this need for IMO on denial letter.

I sent Dr. Bash SOCs and even very old SSOCs I got along with the entire clinical record, and the evidence I had found to SC my husbands death, and countless medical abstracts.

He however and this nurse might too- had access to Braunwald and other costly medical texts that non docs cannot get access to- which he used to support his IMOs.

I won my claim based on his IMOs ,and a 2 sentence IMO from a former VA doc-which he incorporated into his first IMO- and a wealth of unrefuttable medical evidence all in the clinical record.

I added to the ideas I got from his IMos in the Getting an IMO Topic.

Still this is a format that VA is familiar with-

One DRO told my rep she couldn't read his initial IMO.

I dont think he even gave it to her.It never appeared as evidence for 5 years.

forgot to add- she should have copies of the C & P too-and maybe even the SOC-if you are basing this need for IMO on denial letter.

I sent Dr. Bash SOCs and even very old SSOCs I got along with the entire clinical record, and the evidence I had found to SC my husbands death, and countless medical abstracts.

He however and this nurse might too- had access to Braunwald and other costly medical texts that non docs cannot get access to- which he used to support his IMOs.

I won my claim based on his IMOs ,and a 2 sentence IMO from a former VA doc-which he incorporated into his first IMO- and a wealth of unrefuttable medical evidence all in the clinical record.

I added to the ideas I got from his IMos in the Getting an IMO Topic.

Still this is a format that VA is familiar with-

One DRO told my rep she couldn't read his initial IMO.

I dont think he even gave it to her.It never appeared as evidence for 5 years.

Berta you spoke to me and I undestood it. Maybe you should label your posts "postgraduated degree required/Law degree optional/layman approved)", just kidding.

I again probably put the horse before the wagon. I have a request through IRIS, acknowledged, for the only QTC C & P exam that would be pertinent, but my concern is that will be in the year 2525 when they get to making that available to me. I have and assembled all other documents assembled and gave to the nurse. She was very focused on having the MRI discs and radiology evals., which I did give her. the only thing out of the picture is that qtc exam you reference.

the chiropractors (only 2) wanted me to sign on for the full program (not gonna happen) and the Nerologists wanted referrals. This nurse wanted to know if the VA would refer me and I told her this was an adverserial relationship and a referral could possiblly be out of the range of authority of my VA PCP and possibly put the VA in a position of financial responsibility. I explained that wasn't gonna happen as the point of this game is to pit you, an individual vet, vs the US Treasury. She took me under her wing and said she knew what needed to be done. I suppose she will have to review the package, put it together in a manner they are accusstomed to. Then run it by the Neurologist. No numbers have been discussed so that remains looming out there too.

If this doesn't work out I will hopefully have the qtc notes and X-ray images. I have a request in requiring time to develope the rebuttal due to physical challenges and financial requirements since my income on paper would make you laugh. The call from the VA I mentioned, the person said to just mention that and there should not be a problem. Extra time and the VA should not be an issue.

I will continue to hammer on the VA for the QTC exam, failing that I will drive to the W-S VARO in person reqiring them stating and in hand my months old request for the QTC C&P Exam Notes. Not that they will start crying over their miserable failures but they will have to play slaughter ball in person with me.

Thank you Berta

PS I did mention I sent all the stuff to Bash minus the discs and the one C&P requesting a review indicating costs etc...I'll wait on that too to see if this is viable.

PS: in writing the VA stated a soc will be made and supplied after the DRO. I did attach the lumbar denial sections from the award letter that will have to serve as an SOC until they feel it is appropriate to provide one.

Edited by cannoncocker