VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Windows Vista, Office 2003 Small Bus. Problem

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Since installing windows vista ultimate edition, and my copy of MS Office small Business 2003, I am getting the MS installer box on the screen no matter what I do, then it goes to a screen that says gathering needed information, folloewed by a screen that says installing MS Office 2003. I cannot get rid of this. I have searched for MS Installer and it will not allow me to delete that program.

Don't know what to do next, any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your first problem was installing Microsoft Vista anything, Ultimate, Professional or Home... Nasty piece of programming there, lots of problems with errors like these.

What you are experiencing is an incomplete install loop. Not saying that the applications isn't installed, but Vista has lost where the install process is. (I hope this is making sense).

There are a couple of different ways to go about fixing this, but Vista Ultimate is 64-bit and Office 2003 Small Business is 32-bit, which may be the source of your problem. Although Microsoft said that Vista would be backwards compatible, this has not been the case at all.

I might be able to walk you though it over the phone. If you would like, PM me your number and I will give you a call.

Louis