VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc Exam Records

Rate this question

cannoncocker

Question

http://www.qtcm.com/general/contact/overview.asp

Can we get our medical exam records directly from QTC or do we have to go through our miserably slow or completely non responsive VARO.

Just looking for something that will get me one specific set of exam records that might actually work in my lifetime.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Since your primary physician has access to computer healthcare records he or she can print it out right there for ya. You then can bypass all the admin BS. I usually walk in and just say Hey if you're not busy could you please print my recent exam for me. My doctors have no problem but I would think it just depends on your doc. Otherwise, you probably have to go through the process of signing a release and waiting about 2 weeks to get it.

DH

http://www.qtcm.com/general/contact/overview.asp

Can we get our medical exam records directly from QTC or do we have to go through our miserably slow or completely non responsive VARO.

Just looking for something that will get me one specific set of exam records that might actually work in my lifetime.

• HadIt.com Elder
When QTC does the exam you usually have to go through the VARO. When the VA does the exam you can usually get it from the records dept.

John your right, if QTC- go the R/O and request (the VHA will not have), however, the wait could longer than you expect because the R/O will get the exam results two to three weeks after the exam date. There may be some delay if the R/O has some specific questions it wants the QTC ask of the doctor, in which case the doctor and QTC go back and forth on. QTC will not give copies to the veteran. This is very interesting to me because I know for certain that QTC talks with their exam doctors to inquire about why "other facts unrelated to claim" are in the report or to fix typos.

Thanks for the input: I went to my VAMC records dept and they said they did not have the, so by that I take it they can't bring them up on their computer, which is about a waste of money to do a physical workup with stress test that shows 30 plus 10 heart problems and my pcp doesn't have access to them but I will be at the VAMC on the 16th and give it a try. Can't hurt.

Now reality sets back in, It looks like the only way to get a copy is from the VARO and to do that is IRIS/Fax them till they get tired of me bugging them and make it easier to copy a few pages and send them to me.

This VA stuff is made by design to walk away from. I called them capricious, vindictive, and etc......I should have sent tissues. what was I thinking. What in our history would make me think that they cared if I woke up dead? Not a thing.

Felt like telling that for some reason. Ok so ask the clerk at my pcp then when they say sure you betcha, I continue to bug the VARO.

For crying out loud I will be glad to be finished with this.

Thanks

ps qtc did the exam at the request of the VARO for the purpose of C&P exam. As far as I know.

Edited by cannoncocker

Amen to that. I really think the VA makes my depression worse than anything. By the time they end up making a decision on my IU claim I will be a basket case.

DH

Thanks for the input: I went to my VAMC records dept and they said they did not have the, so by that I take it they can't bring them up on their computer, which is about a waste of money to do a physical workup with stress test that shows 30 plus 10 heart problems and my pcp doesn't have access to them but I will be at the VAMC on the 16th and give it a try. Can't hurt.

Now reality sets back in, It looks like the only way to get a copy is from the VARO and to do that is IRIS/Fax them till they get tired of me bugging them and make it easier to copy a few pages and send them to me.

This VA stuff is made by design to walk away from. I called them capricious, vindictive, and etc......I should have sent tissues. what was I thinking. What in our history would make me think that they cared if I woke up dead? Not a thing.

Felt like telling that for some reason. Ok so ask the clerk at my pcp then when they say sure you betcha, I continue to bug the VARO.

For crying out loud I will be glad to be finished with this.

Thanks

ps qtc did the exam at the request of the VARO for the purpose of C&P exam. As far as I know.

The, well, more like on top of it all, life goes on, as in I am the family lacky regarding collecting rent, rental repairs, and of course in another state with my back screaming and my heart racing feeling faint most of the time. Then you have to go toe to toe with the us treasury and a va system that would make an angel cuss, toned down for public viewing.

Then with the public revenues down the cops are running in packs revenueing (traffic tickets) which was 256 dollars for 15 mph over. small poor county in Florida, so they grab you by the ankles turn you upside down and shake, whatever drops out is theirs.

In 54 years I never had a traffic ticket until the last 2 years. Do the math.

Whining over, thanks for the help.