VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Would Va Do A Prostate Exam For A Back C&p?

Rate this question

Swamprat

Question

Hi all, I am new to this forum and appreciate all the work and time people are giving to help people like myself get straight data. I am already rated at 40% (2000) and just went for a QTC exam for my back "Chronic lumbar stain with residuals of surgery". The QTC doctor did not have me do any bending or try to touch my toes, He did not use a goniometer, pretty much just did my reflex in my R ankle.

My real question was why did he say the VA ordered then do a prostate exam? I told him I just had one done by my private physician and could send him the results - No, he had to give the finger wave himself. Please help me clarify, before I go to the VA to find out why.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi all, I am new to this forum and appreciate all the work and time people are giving to help people like myself get straight data. I am already rated at 40% (2000) and just went for a QTC exam for my back "Chronic lumbar stain with residuals of surgery". The QTC doctor did not have me do any bending or try to touch my toes, He did not use a goniometer, pretty much just did my reflex in my R ankle.

My real question was why did he say the VA ordered then do a prostate exam? I told him I just had one done by my private physician and could send him the results - No, he had to give the finger wave himself. Please help me clarify, before I go to the VA to find out why.

when you get the answer I want to read it.I had an exam for hip,lower lumbar and while the exam itself was very limited,the Doctor insisted on doing the one finger thing.I thought he just liked me.

I am experiencing my own personal hell with lower back and groin/testicular pain.  The doctors examined my back, groin, and prostate.  I was told that sometimes prostate problems can manifest themselves in pain in the lower back/groin...they called it "referred" pain.  I believe that is why they did the "extra bonus" exam....

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I am in the same boat, 40% (no surgery though), but trying to get SC for two herniated discs. Thank you for the warning, so I now might expect this to happen if they do a C&P exam.

If I took a copy of the MRI and results to the exam, would it help give them a reason to keep their fingers to themselves?

• In Memoriam

The VA is suppose to do a prostrate exam yearly. This could be the reason.

A few years ago, when my new VA doctor did the finger wave, I turned; looked her in the eye and said, "In Arkansas that means we are married".

She didn't know what to say for a minute or so.

Jerrel, a buddy, put me up to that.