VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exams

Rate this question

Rich W

Question

I noticed a lot of people mention having their C & P exam's at a VA Hospital. I've had two C & P exams and both were through a private doctor. I assume contracted out. There is a VA Hospital just a few miles from my house. I've gone there several times for treatment. Is there a reason the VA regional office chooses a private doctor (through QTC Medical Services).

Any opinion on which is better?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Probably don't have qualified Comp&Pen examiners at VA hospital. The contracted out one's are paid to do botched exams so they keep their contract.

Dh

I noticed a lot of people mention having their C & P exam's at a VA Hospital. I've had two C & P exams and both were through a private doctor. I assume contracted out. There is a VA Hospital just a few miles from my house. I've gone there several times for treatment. Is there a reason the VA regional office chooses a private doctor (through QTC Medical Services).

Any opinion on which is better?

I just got my first C&P contracted by a Private Doctor

My Psychiatrist said it was a good thing, because they were having trouble with C&Ps in Chicago

A private doctor is use because of the over load of claims, I got my C&P in less then two months after applying

Probably don't have qualified Comp&Pen examiners at VA hospital. The contracted out one's are paid to do botched exams so they keep their contract.

Dh

this is not true. maybe a small percent have a bad experience. my c and p's have all been done by contract qtc docs and i owe them my life..or a better quality of life. if we waited on the va docs,the backlog would be 100 times worse now. i give props to the phsyc c and p docs i've had.....i never had to wait. filed for ptsd in august,was sc'd in feb.

I guess I was a little too direct. There are those that do manipulate the exams in VA's favor but you're correct, not all of them.

Check is coming from the VA, not the Vet.

DH

this is not true. maybe a small percent have a bad experience. my c and p's have all been done by contract qtc docs and i owe them my life..or a better quality of life. if we waited on the va docs,the backlog would be 100 times worse now. i give props to the phsyc c and p docs i've had.....i never had to wait. filed for ptsd in august,was sc'd in feb.