VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yes!

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

i just got my c&p exam scheduled....9/29. im excited, nervous, anxious. i want it to be done and over! its like i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. whew! of course, my tunnel hasnt been as long as some of u. as a matter of fact, it has been relatively short. so glad u were there for me thru all this!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
hmmm - never thought of that. thx!

Your problem is that you are a pretty lady so even when you wear old clothes they really think that you look good

You will do find be honest don't say that you are fine tell them how you bad days are.

Your problem is that you are a pretty lady so even when you wear old clothes they really think that you look good

You will do find be honest don't say that you are fine tell them how you bad days are.

thx for the advice, pete! wont be hard to tell them about the bad days....even with the meds, ive had alot lately.

Clw4514

I just had my C&P exam, and a Veteran Friend had his awhile back. Each of us got positive feedback because we speak clearly, look at them when we speak. In both cases this effected the rating of our claims

i think that naturally ,we as humans,want to portray everything as rosy to the world around us. even if we are in a gaf area of below 50. if asked if we are ok,we often will say yes. but we are not ok. we tend to put on an air of pretense. then we kick ourselves for this response later.

i say this not to deceive but to educate anyone going for a c and p for any reason.don't answer automatically, slow down your response and tell them how you really feel. avoid eye contact,even though you want to shine. this is not the moment to shine. you want to be as you truly are.

if you wear old jeans daily,wear them to the exam. if you comb your hair once a week,by all means show up tangled. if you smell like urine 7 days a week. this is not the time to shower because you want to impress or was told to.

when going out in public ,we with ptsd are anxiously scanning our surroundings,won't sit with with our backs to doors. the examiner knows this and will try to take you out of your norm. they watch your actions,scanning the room , back to the door. that's a no no.

a lot of my non veteran friends say that i'm coaching my veteran friends before exams, i say no. just reminding my brothers and sisters...be yourself and you will win most of the time.

when asked how you are...wait 5 seconds...answer will be better for your claim. if you want to cry...cry..the examiner has tissues on the table for this reason.