VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel Pay.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I am glad that I don't get travel pay. I am happy with Valet Parking and its a mess trying to get to blood lab for all the Vets stuck in hall at Dallas VA waiting in yet another endless VA line.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple this is true but a lot of times my appointment are between 10:am and 11:am and instead of going in a few minutes before my appointment I would go like 7:30am and normally I can see my doctors earlier maybe 8:am to 9:am. Then I go to travel and they ask me have I been to my appointment, of course I say yes then I get my travel pay, get on the long trip back and try to catch a nap before anyone knows or thinks I am home. I try my best to beat the rush crowd and it has worked for me most of the times. Hey those naps can really help; I really need them right now.

I think most VAMCs are set up that way, with two windows

• HadIt.com Elder
I am glad that I don't get travel pay. I am happy with Valet Parking and its a mess trying to get to blood lab for all the Vets stuck in hall at Dallas VA waiting in yet another endless VA line.

...travel pay... after an hour or so of bad traffic to get to my local VAMC, and the parking problems, waiting in lines, bad service by apathetic gov. workers, the last thing I'm interested in is standing in another line. Travel pay, they can keep it. After my VAMC adventure, I just want to go home...

Commander Bob 92-93,

really not trying to start an argument but I think you need to think about your cost for the year. It is only September and my cost according to my travel pay is already over $600 and I still have scheduled appointments. No, $600 will not make or break me but six hundred dollars is something I just don't want to let go or give away. I was really upset when I had to buy a new computer chip for my car that was $250, or a new computer itself that cost about $650 or so. So I am quite sure I can find use of the money, but if you choose to just let VA keep it that is your decision.

IMHO

I know if you are at an outreach clinic, or a va branch off clinic, you sign a travel voucher slip, they fax it to the VAMC

Where i am we do not get travel to the lancaster calif Outpatient Clinics i have to drive 120 miles round trip and no travel. I tried once.

Only when i go to the Sepulveda Ambulatory Care Center(260 miles) or west LA VA hospital (290 miles)do i get travel.