VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Return-to-work Program Denied

Rate this question

darkhorse

Question

Hello,

I just received a letter today denying Voc Rehab because of the severity of my mental disability but I was granted Individualized Independent Services.

She also stated she sent a letter to VA claims adjudication informing them I didn't qualify for Voc Rehab due to mental illness.

Question number 1 is: Has anyone here have any experience with this program (independent living services)?

Question 2: Will this help with my TDIU claim?

Thanks for any comments,

dh

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Pete, I tried school but had to stop since depression and anxiety took over and I couldn't concentrate in class. Missed classes too.

dh

DH:

Sorry that you qualify for IL. I do also but it should be a major boost to your claim

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had experience with ILS. In my case is was a joke. You might be able to get a computer out of it. It is really just a pretend sort of program. The letter from Voc Rehab saying you don't qualify is good evidence for IU. I did that also before I got IU. I was still working for the post office and looking for a way out, but voc rehab had nothing to offer me due to my age and disabilites.