VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Responses

Rate this question

FS ROSS

Question

I have sent two claim status request in the last month. I first called the 1800 number a few days before sending the 1st Iris request and got the reply " you claim is Pending".

That was rather vague, so I waited a week and sent in the first IRIS claim status request and got this:

***This is in response to your inquiry dated September 5,2009, regarding the status of your PTSD claim.

" In researching your file, our records reflect your claim was sent to the rating board and is ready for final decision. Even after a decision has been made, there are several administrative steps that must be completed before we finalize your claim. This process is in place to ensure accuracy. We appreciate your patience and you will receive notification via U.S. mail once your claim has been finalized. Your notification letter will explain our decision in detail."

I then waited about 2 more weeks and went to IRIS and requested an update on since the last one I recieved and got this one yesterday:

****This is in response to your inquiry dated September 24, 2009, regarding an update to the status of your PTSD claim.

"In researching your file, our records reflect your claim was sent to the rating board and then sent back to the Secondary Rating board effective September 11, 2009. This indicates your claim is thoroughly being reviewed for the highest rating and decision for your disability. Even after a decision is made there are several administrative steps which must be completed before we finalize your claim. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on your claim."

I have never seen the term "Secondary rating board" before. I am already 50% for PTSD from Nam ( Purple Heart/NavAchiev with V/ Combat Action) I have been diagnosed with rather servere Chronic Combat PTSD/ GAF since 2004 has been consistantly 41-50.

Its the Secondary rating board I am confused by...

Thanks. FS Ross 1970-71 USMC/ Grunt

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet