VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Erroneous Dd-214

Rate this question

airbornevirgo

Question

I am new to this, but I have a good one. I was discharged in Feb 2006. I served in OIF 1, but my medal and awards DD-214 doesnt reflect. The Army records say that I have no combat experience. I have overwhelming evidence picuters, newspaper articles, letters saying that I did serve in Iraq theatre. I have been denied PTSD twice saying that it is none service connected, because my military records dont reflect. I have since then resubmitted all my new evidence, and still waiting on a decision. If the VA made the error of not doing enough research into my initial claim, will I recieve retro-pay, if granted compensation from the first time I was denied Feb 2006?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

try this link from www.va.gov

Amend or Change DD 214 or Other Military Records

https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...php?p_faqid=478

Date Created 09/10/2004 10:11 AM Last Updated 08/23/2007 12:40 PM

print.gif Print Answer/FAQ

trnsp.gif

email.gif Email Answer Amend or Change DD 214 or Other Military Recordstrnsp.gif Inquiry You can obtain instructions for changing/correcting your military service record or changing your discharge status by leaving the VA website and going to http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-...ng-records.html.

If your military service record requires a change or correction, you will need to submit DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Records to the relevant service branch (branch addresses are provided on the form). To obtain this form, you will need to leave the VA Website and go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt...orms/dd0149.pdf. You can also call 1-800-318-5298.

If you need to change your discharge status you will generally need to submit DD Form 293, Application for the Review of Discharge or Dismissal from the Armed Forces of the United States to the relevant service branch (branch addresses are provided on the form). To obtain this form, you will need to leave the VA Website and go to http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt...orms/dd0293.pdf.

For Army records, you may also contact the Department of Defense, Army Review Boards Agency (ARDA).

The ARDA address is:

Army Review Boards Agency (ARBA)

ATTN: Client Information and Quality Assurance

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

Telephonic assistance is available at 1-703-607-1600

You may also send an e-mail to: actsonline@hqda.army.mil

Changes to DD 214 or other military records cannot be done through VA. Such requests for change must be processed through the Department of Defense, Army Review Boards Agency (ARDA).

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

You may also send an e-mail to: actsonline@hqda.army.miltrnsp.gif Answer Changes to DD 214 or other military records cannot be done through VA. Such requests for change must be processed through the Department of Defense, Army Review Boards Agency (ARDA).

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

The Army Review Boards Agency also maintains a web site where you may complete an application for a change. The address is: https://secureweb.hqda.pentagon.mil/ACTS_On...%2flanding.aspx .

The web address is quite long. Please copy and paste the entire address to the address line of your web browser, or make sure you type the entire address from the "Https://" beginning to the "%2flanding.aspx" ending leaving out the quotes. Do not leave any spaces. How well did this answer your question? 100% 75% 50% 25% 0% // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -var _submit_accepted = false;function _rating_validate(form){ if (_submit_accepted) // prevents NN4 resubmission return(false); for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) if (form.p_ans_qual.checked) { _submit_accepted = true; form.rating_submit_btn.disabled = true; return(true); } alert("Please select a rating."); return(false);}// - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -function _rating_popup(){ var rating_id; for (i = 1; i < 2; i++) if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[i-1].checked) return; if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[1].checked) rating_id = 174; else if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[2].checked) rating_id = 173; else if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[3].checked) rating_id = 172; else if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[4].checked) rating_id = 171; else return; window.open('p_sid=Fg36oNKj' +'&p_rating=+escape(rating_id) +'&p_subject='+escape("Amend%20or%20Change%20DD%20214%20or%20Other%20Military%20Records") +'&p_faqid=478', 'suggestion', 'resizable,scrollbars,width=630,height=400');}// - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Related Answers/FAQs • Direct Deposit of VA BenefitsCan I obtain historical military records from VA?Commissary and Exchange PrivilegesAre dependents of veterans eligible to receive any benefits from VA?How do I get a copy of my rating decision? back_arrow.gif Back to Search Results trnsp.gifbl.giftrnsp.gifbr.gifAmend or Change DD 214 or Other Military Recordstrnsp.gif Inquiry You can obtain instructions for changing/correcting your military service record or changing your discharge status by leaving the VA website and going to http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-...ng-records.html.

If your military service record requires a change or correction, you will need to submit DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Records to the relevant service branch (branch addresses are provided on the form). To obtain this form, you will need to leave the VA Website and go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt...orms/dd0149.pdf. You can also call 1-800-318-5298.

If you need to change your discharge status you will generally need to submit DD Form 293, Application for the Review of Discharge or Dismissal from the Armed Forces of the United States to the relevant service branch (branch addresses are provided on the form). To obtain this form, you will need to leave the VA Website and go to http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt...orms/dd0293.pdf.

For Army records, you may also contact the Department of Defense, Army Review Boards Agency (ARDA).

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

Changes to DD 214 or other military records cannot be done through VA. Such requests for change must be processed through the Department of Defense, Army Review Boards Agency (ARDA).

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

You may also send an e-mail to: actsonline@hqda.army.miltrnsp.gif Answer Changes to DD 214 or other military records cannot be done through VA. Such requests for change must be processed through the Department of Defense, Army Review Boards Agency (ARDA).

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

The Army Review Boards Agency also maintains a web site where you may complete an application for a change. The address is: https://secureweb.hqda.pentagon.mil/ACTS_On...%2flanding.aspx .

The web address is quite long. Please copy and paste the entire address to the address line of your web browser, or make sure you type the entire address from the "Https://" beginning to the "%2flanding.aspx" ending leaving out the quotes. Do not leave any spaces

Date Created 09/10/2004 10:11 AM Last Updated 08/23/2007 12:40 PM

print.gif Print Answer/FAQ

trnsp.gif

email.gif Email Answer Amend or Change DD 214 or Other Military Recordstrnsp.gif Inquiry You can obtain instructions for changing/correcting your military service record or changing your discharge status by leaving the VA website and going to http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-...ng-records.html.

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

The web address is quite long. Please copy and paste the entire address to the address line of your web browser, or make sure you type the entire address from the "Https://" beginning to the "%2flanding.aspx" ending leaving out the quotes. Do not leave any spaces. How well did this answer your question? 100% 75% 50% 25% 0% // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -var _submit_accepted = false;function _rating_validate(form){ if (_submit_accepted) // prevents NN4 resubmission return(false); for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) if (form.p_ans_qual.checked) { _submit_accepted = true; form.rating_submit_btn.disabled = true; return(true); } alert("Please select a rating."); return(false);}// - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -function _rating_popup(){ var rating_id; for (i = 1; i < 2; i++) if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[i-1].checked) return; if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[1].checked) rating_id = 174; else if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[2].checked) rating_id = 173; else if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[3].checked) rating_id = 172; else if (document.rating.p_ans_qual[4].checked) rating_id = 171; else return; window.open('p_sid=Fg36oNKj' +'&p_rating=+escape(rating_id) +'&p_subject='+escape("Amend%20or%20Change%20DD%20214%20or%20Other%20Military%20Records") +'&p_faqid=478', 'suggestion', 'resizable,scrollbars,width=630,height=400');}// - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Related Answers/FAQs • Direct Deposit of VA BenefitsCan I obtain historical military records from VA?Commissary and Exchange PrivilegesAre dependents of veterans eligible to receive any benefits from VA?How do I get a copy of my rating decision? back_arrow.gif Back to Search Results trnsp.gifbl.giftrnsp.gifbr.gifYou can obtain instructions for changing/correcting your military service record or changing your discharge status by leaving the VA website and going to http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-...ng-records.html.

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

The ARDA address is:

Arlington, VA 22202-4508

The web address is quite long. Please copy and paste the entire address to the address line of your web browser, or make sure you type the entire address from the "Https://" beginning to the "%2flanding.aspx" ending leaving out the quotes. Do not leave any spaces. If the link doesn't work go to

www.va.gov

In the search box type in DD 214 correction

I tried to copy and paste the page but for some reason I couldn't. I hope this is helpful.

Angel

• HadIt.com Elder
try this link from www.va.gov

Amend or Change DD 214 or Other Military Records

...You can obtain instructions for changing/correcting your military service record or changing your discharge status by leaving the VA website and going to http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-...ng-records.html.

Angel

Not to worry Angel. Frank53 once explained that sometimes, especially in the middle of the night, Hadit can slow down, and it can take as much as five min. or so, for your post to pop up.. After you have been here a while, you will receive an edit tab, and you can go back and fix your post. Thanks for the DD214 info. Hang in there.

Have you received your DD215, reflecting all of your medals and awards??? I had to get mine corrected a few decades ago. Sorry you had a DD214 problem.

Welcome Home...and welcome aboard the good ship Hadit.

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder
I am not spamming. My laptop is acting funny it didn't show it pasted. I apologize for the multiple posts.

Angel

Sometimes multiple posts happen. Just send a PM to a Moderator and we can fix that.

No big deal.

J

If you have continuously appealed their denial, the EED should be date if the original claim.

I have attached the DD 149 form. Just put Not applicable at the 'injustice ' parts.

Did the VA send you a VCAA letter telling you exactly what they needed as evidence?

Did the VA run your stressors through JSRRC yet?

(Joint Services Records research Center)

You need to give them ample details as to time and place, and the name of any Operations in which you incurred a stressor would help.

You also might need buddy statements.

If the CAR, CIB, or PH is on a vet's DD 214 the VA concedes stressor.

However the VA is considering relaxing some stressor verifications for PTSD claims that have nexus statement by a VA psychiatrist and are consistent with the conditions that would cause a stressor event.

That could take months or years if this proposed idea goes through.

With pictures and letters etc, this is good evidence but one never knows how VA will weigh that type of evidence.

What was your MOS in Iraq?

It would certainly help to get the DD 214 corrected.

dd0149.pdf