VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc-bva

Rate this question

VetsLady

Question

Hubby has a claim that was remanded back in March 09 for further development. Further development is done. AMC now has the claim and we are told it went to rating/decision on 9/10/09. Is there any reason why we can't call AMC to inquire as to the status of the claim? Don't want to step on toes, irritate anyone there and definetly want to keep a sharp eye on this. I received conflicting information elsewhere that AMC makes the decision then sends it on to BVA for final approval. Then, from another source, I'm advised that AMC will either approve or deny and should they approve, they will be the division that rates the claim. These were both from

1-800, who I know don't have the up-to-date info in their systems. I'd like to call the AMC directly - ideas?

Thank-you....

VetsLady

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
It IS intentional or they are all simply incompetent.

Yeah the EYE Street, "I" street thing bothered me too so I sent my stuff to "I" street and EYE street BUT most importantly I sent it the same day to the BVA too.

I have a decision here Allan from AMC- an award- that I think will comeback to kick the vet in the ass.

I found nothing whatsoever in his claim that warranted this unusual award.

Then again maybe there was a lot more evidence never listed by the AMC-possible-

but I called a lawyer at NVLSP about it and emailed it to him and he too was astonished at the award.So I wasnt going nuts when I noticed how bizarre it was.

I dont begrudge the vet but cannot comprehend at all how he was awarded for AO.Neither Could NVLSP.

VARO decisions and I assume AMC decisions are sometimes reviewed-maybe this is the STAR program they came up with years ago?

If this case is ever reviewed or the vet re-opens- I foresee the VA calling CUE on itself and proposing to reduce his comp.

The decision does piss me off because the AMC denies so many fully valid claims with plenty of evidence.

They chose to read one piece of evidence this vet had-

and awarded. I had a sh-t load of strong medical evidence and IMOs and they didnt read a thing.

Makes one wonder who runs the AMC show

x

x

x

Berta, Next time you contact NVLSP, would you please ask the gentlemen there for the statutory authority for the AMC. I have watched the Federal Register, and there's no information on the AMC. I think it's illegal of the VA to operate a system of records that is not published. Thanks!! ~Wings

will do Wings-they have some info in the VBM about AMC but not much-

I think AMC is just a clip joint

It IS intentional or they are all simply incompetent.

Yeah the EYE Street, "I" street thing bothered me too so I sent my stuff to "I" street and EYE street BUT most importantly I sent it the same day to the BVA too.

Eye sent our New and Material Evidence to the Eye Street Address, via FedEx, delivery confirmation with a signature of who received it.

Eye think it's a good Eyedea to send it to the Eye Street address as "I" could be misconstrued to be ONE and not Eye.

*****I too think it's ridiculous to have to use Eye instead of I - when I sent out statements from our office to a "lettered" street name....there are several

in the town we live in) it seemed so odd that the readers at the Post Office could read "R Street" and "B Street" but not "I Street. Often, mail I

sent to the "I" Street address would be returned. I just started using Eye and all of a sudden they were receiving their statements! I always thought

also, if it's an I Street address, wouldn't the zip code tip the Postal reader that it was Eye Street?

Berta, if you sent your stuff to AMC and BVA, wouldn't it slow down the process as there is only 1 claim folder and both AMC and BVA would be looking for the file

so they could put your evidence in there? When I recently sent AMC all of the evidence that our RO didn't, I considered doing this also. After talking with our

Congressman's Office, who have been in direct contact with AMC (it took almost 2 weeks for AMC to return their call) our C's office advised I should send it to AMC

as they have the actual file, will be doing the work and sending it back to BVA if needed. If I'd known in Jan. that the RO didn't forward the evidence to the BVA I certainly would have done so myself.

I'm all for creating a paper trail, used it several times in our own office, but....to cross check and double cross check to make sure something was done correctly,

as in a bank deposit, records, etc.

I was just wondering.....perhaps I should at least send BVA a copy of the cover letter listing all of the evidence I sent to AMC?

• HadIt.com Elder

This is from memory.

The Appeals Management Ceneter or AMC was originally set up to help BVA work claims and lighten the load of the other VARO''s and was to be just like any other VARO except the BVA who had a low backload could knock out some claims.

The PVA and another Vet Organization sued as they said that they could not do it and the Court agreed with them. So rather than close it the BVA used it to develop claims and it has completey become another penalty box for claims.

I might not be exactly right but that is the gist of it

"Berta, if you sent your stuff to AMC and BVA, wouldn't it slow down the process as there is only 1 claim folder and both AMC and BVA would be looking for the file

so they could put your evidence in there? When I recently sent AMC all of the evidence that our RO didn't, I considered doing this also. After talking with our

Congressman's Office, who have been in direct contact with AMC (it took almost 2 weeks for AMC to return their call) our C's office advised I should send it to AMC"

Slow it down? By then it had been in the claims process for 2,219 days- over 6 years- what would I care if it 'slowed' it down?

I am not being a wise guy here-I have dealt with the the VA for decades.

If someone is sending evidence to the AMC (as I did) then getting it farmed out from AMC to another RO (as I experienced) and then they prepare a SOC that clearly shows AGAIN they never acknowledged any of my evidence- after a passage of 6 years-

I didnt hesitate one bit to have copies of the whole 9 yards and got a Priority tracking slip too for the BVA as well as the AMC.I had to assume that again the VA's MF had removed it from my file-

MF ----the mysterious force who removed my pertinent evidence from my C file for 3 years in my prior claims and then put it all back in the C file after I won.

I even had to file a VACO Administrative Review Request to get my evidence read and of course had to copy and send it all to VA again.

The October incident I experienced many Octobers ago not just in 2008.

I even recall it appeared my C file went back to the BVA sooner then the AMC said it would and maybe before they even got my SOC response.

I stand by this advise- the October Incident is NOT a thing of the past-

If anyone here is at AMC on remand and has additional evidence- send the evidence to the AMC AND to the BVA.

It is just my opinion. Everyone can do what they want to do,

And I stated recently to the OGC -when I gave testimony to the House Vets Affairs Committee- I had 53 tracking postage USPS slips of evidence to RO ALL unacknowledged and the stack of my USPS slips continues to grow.

and not be acknowledged.

Only the BVA ever read any of my evidence.

Berta.....

I completely understand. This part of my husband's claim has been in the system for a long time, Feb. 2010 will mark the beginning of year 7. After reading your post, I don't see any reason to not send a copy of the whole enchilada to BVA and AMC. You have answered my question. Thank you. Perhaps if AMC knows BVA has what they have, they may take a much closer look at the evidence the RO didn't even send. Better safe than sorry. AMC has their copy and BVA will get one also

Widow1....

I hear you. It's expensive when you are on a fixed income (as we are) to send to 2-3 different places. This last batch was almost $50.00 That is alot of

groceries for us. I hope that in the end it will be worth it. I feel it is or I wouldn't spend the money to send special delivery.

Re MF: Now you both have me LMAO because I too was not thinking that when reading the post....Mysterious Force - I won't forget that one.

Curious what the RICO act is?