VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Celexa/citalopram

Rate this topic

Psyc's have me on Prozac 40 MG, Lorazepam 1 MG X 3, Gabapentin 600 MG and Prazosin. Take the Prozac and 1 MG of Lorazepam in the AM, another Lorazepam during the day if needed and another Lorazepam with the Gabapentin and Prazosin before bed. Hoped going through the CBT program would help so I could get off these drugs, no luck, going through the 2nd time, if this 2nd round doesn't help I guess like some I'm doomed to being in a "fog" for the rest of my life. I guess its better then "going postal" all the time and all the other nice things that come with a good dose of PTSD. Just hope the VARO in Detroit comes through in a postive way. Best to all.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psyc's have me on Prozac 40 MG, Lorazepam 1 MG X 3, Gabapentin 600 MG and Prazosin. Take the Prozac and 1 MG of Lorazepam in the AM, another Lorazepam during the day if needed and another Lorazepam with the Gabapentin and Prazosin before bed. Hoped going through the CBT program would help so I could get off these drugs, no luck, going through the 2nd time, if this 2nd round doesn't help I guess like some I'm doomed to being in a "fog" for the rest of my life. I guess its better then "going postal" all the time and all the other nice things that come with a good dose of PTSD. Just hope the VARO in Detroit comes through in a postive way. Best to all.

I take 5mg abilify,10mg amlodipine, and 10mg enalopril in the am, celexa 40mg was up to 60, and trazodone at night. Doc wants to add lorazepam and clonidine with prazosin, I alredy feel like I'm in a fog already and can't concentrate. This tweaking my meds sucks.

Citalopram put me in nether nether land, and it also had some negative sexual urge side effects. Heard from someone it can be used to treat premature ejaculation. Went off too fast, and had some bad reactions. Extremely nauseous to the point of vomiting, headaches, electric like flashes in the brain. They have seemed to finally disappear after being off of med for a month.

wife thinks citalpram and celexa is same thing? i don't know, i just pop open the flap and swallow. one day when i'm feeling especially productive i'll apply for smc(k)

i apparently take 40 mg citalopram (and yes i found out it's celexa) and i kind of like it. i head for the coffee every morning, but my sleep apnea machine has me pretty rested overnight, so after a few cups i'm moving around. since i'm basically homebound (statuatorily 100percent anxiety/depression and 60 percent beyond that...and by choice) i don't really know how i'd be affected in the "real world".

i apparently take 40 mg citalopram (and yes i found out it's celexa) and i kind of like it. i head for the coffee every morning, but my sleep apnea machine has me pretty rested overnight, so after a few cups i'm moving around. since i'm basically homebound (statuatorily 100percent anxiety/depression and 60 percent beyond that...and by choice) i don't really know how i'd be affected in the "real world".

yes they are the same one is generic and other brand name, I'm out of the house rarely, and find i'm more anxious when I do leave the house and have to psych myself up to get out, the celexa is supposed to help with my anxiety but it does nothing to help that.