VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Worried,need Advice

red

I applied for a&a using the state va office rep to help me. He had told me I would get 14,000 a year for my wife. He send me the forms for the doc to fill out which he did. I hand carried them to the va rep who then tell me that the monthly benefit would be only 127.00 a month. So I asked what the risk was of my case being reopened which he in turn told me since it was my spouse he did not think they would look at my records.

I called him again today, he lied to me and said he has tried to call numerous times and my line was always busy, (I have call waiting and voice mail) so I do not think I can trust him. When I spoke to him today I asked him to call the VA and ask them if their would be a risk, which he called me back, told me he just spoke to them and that they said they did not feel it would be a risk to go on with the case, which they now have in their hands. My deal is this, I do not trust him at all, I think he is lazy, lies and does not follow thru. I would just cancel the case if I thought I ran the risk of losing my p&t, 100%. 127.00 would help but I could do with out it. I am going to have to get some help with my wife, who if you recall has had mulitible strokes, can not walk, I have to feed her, dress her, cook, clean, basically do for two people and it is starting after 4 years to get the best of me. I have passed the ten year mark, and am 70 years old. MY QUESTION TO ALL OF YOU IS THIS: Do you think they will open of my old claim and pursue the possibility of a reduction in benefits? Or do you think with the properly filled out form from the doctor that they will grant the benefit and I do not have to worry about anything. Thanks for all of your help. I hope we can put this to bed. I just do not trust he local va rep. Thanks again.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

1. If you can't trust your VA "rep", and, by that, I assume you mean your Veterans Service Organization's Veterans Service Officer, then you have the right and the ability to replace them with whomever you wish. Simply filing a new Power Of Attorney (Form 21-22) with another Service Organization automatically cancels the current POA and starts you off with another VSO.

2. If you are past your 10 year mark and are 70 years old, the likelyhood of them doing anything adverse are very slim. After 10 years they can reduce your percentage rating but they cannot remove your rating.

Thanks for your help. What I mean my service rep is this: I really do not know how to define him but he works for the state va office. He was recommended by a friend of mine. Your response sounds to me like I just need to not worry, that they will do nothing w/regards to reducing my 100% p&t since I am 70 years old and have ten years behind me. Is that correct? Red

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks for your help. What I mean my service rep is this: I really do not know how to define him but he works for the state va office. He was recommended by a friend of mine. Your response sounds to me like I just need to not worry, that they will do nothing w/regards to reducing my 100% p&t since I am 70 years old and have ten years behind me. Is that correct? Red

yup

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't worry Red the review comes when you ask for an increase in your benefit and besides you are safe cause of your age.