VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase

Rate this question

sandboxsquid

Question

I'm currently at 30% for PTSD, and I'm ready to file for an increase. Nightmares have gotten worse, insomnia is the norm, intrusive thoughts throughout the day, bouncing from job to job, realtionship with the wife is getting rockier by the day, etc. (you get the picture) My question is will another C&P exam need to be performed? I am currently receiving counseling from a VA social worker twice monthly and have a VA shrink dispensing the meds, so my file would be an open book for them to review. Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes they will probably do another C&P exam if they intend to increase it. No C&P usually means no increase.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are serious about an increase you should get an independent medical opinion that should state that your PTSD has gotten worse. The IMO needs access to your VA medical records. He does not need your SMR's since you have already been SC'ed for PTSD. What you want to show is that your PTSD symptoms have gotten worse and that you are more disabled than you were when you got 30% rating. You should get a copy of the VA PTSD Exam format, and what the differences between a 30%, 50% and 70-100% ratings are for the VA. Your VA doctor is not interested in helping you get more compensation. He just treats you. You have to connect the dots to show you have gotten worse. If you depend just on the VA you may be at 30% for many years to come.

You dont necessary have to have a C&P to get a increase for PTSD.If you got a IMO and a VA pyschiartist write a letter that your ptsd syptoms have worsen and you are being treated you can get a increase.ITs all about evidence that you get from a medical professional.

mobie

what about if the request for increase is within 30 days of your rating?

If you have medical evidence, then ask for a reconsideration.