VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question....re: Recorded Message

Rate this question

VetsLady

Question

I check our bank account each month to be sure the VA DD was done.

When I have called the 1-800, (it has always, always said "Sorry we don't have your claim

information, please hold on")

On a whim, I phoned today and this time it gave me the last DD amount and the date it was

made. It was the regular amount.

Many of you know we have an ongoing appeal that has been at the AMC. I'm a realistist,

and until the penny is in your pocket, it's just not there. But, I wonder, since I was told

by AMC the other day, that his file was sent upstairs for rating if this is why I'm not getting

the generic message.

Seems like a trivial question in light of it all, and if I were giving the advise, I'd say "Relax, wait

for the envelope to come and then you will know for sure"

What I'm asking our fellow Veterans is if this has ever happened to them before and what was the

outcome?

Thank you.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It will show your regular amnount. If you are issued a retro check then it usually takes a few days as the recording sometimes changes. My 2nd retro the recording did not change, The last one it did.

J

We haven't received the written word of a SC yet. It just seemed odd to hear something other than the "Sorry, we can't access your claim info, etc."

Thank you.....

VetsLady

• HadIt.com Elder

"Relax, wait for the envelope to come and then you will know for sure"

I just posted a congrats to your message on attaining status of SO and here, you post one to me.

We teach best what we most need to learn. Relaxing, Waiting and if it's meant to be, it shall. If not, then we're onto the

next chapter.

Thanks for the post Larry.

VetsLady

Hi John....

Thanks for the input. Not to put words into your response, but.....are you thinking the appeal was granting prompting an increase? Thus, would explain the new message on voice activated 1-800 dial-it.

This has been gnawing at me all day like a mosquito bite....Deet is out of the question because of the chemicals.

I'm beginning to think I'm an impatient woman when in reality, I have tons.

Even if we call the 1800-dial-an-it on Monday, they aren't going to give us any credible info. Will dial AMC directly or, check out the the old bank account.

Seriously, as you all know, the waiting game is absolutely agonizing, especially after working the file for so many years and on top of it all, and really the most important

issue is my husband's health.

See ya all on Monday!