VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is There A New Directive Denying Care For Missed Appointments?

Rate this topic

I got a letter on Friday late, that I had missed an appt. on Monday and that since I failed to report, or if I had cancelled two consecutive appt. with my PCT, will not be reschduled for a 3 visit. Meds. not renewed until patient is evaluated by member of his team. Then the arsewhipes gave me a number to call theh "linked Care Program" which is a damn fax number.

Here's the kicker, the said appointment that I missed had been cancelled by the Salem, Virginia VA on Sept. 1. No follow ups were ever sent with a new date, but now I get this letter that I missed my appoint. on the 28th of Sept?

The bad thing is I'm on Oxycontin, they haven't put through my request for the Pain Management clinic yet, since the last time they told me if the 5mg Oxy didn't handle it, then I would have to go there. This is all before my fee basis lower back surgery on Friday. My outside doc has already told me he can't write me a prescript. since I'm being covered through the Va.

So in Synopsis, I've got surgery on Friday, no pain meds, and evidently I can't get any now until I see my PCT which will be at least 2 or 3 months at best seeing as how they just replaced the Doctor that left a few months ago. I'm ready to freaking blow over this snafu. Any suggestions, I'm kinda overwhelmed, and this isn't helping my anniversary date for my worst PTSD crap.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I would go to the VA ER and tell them your back is hurting so bad that if you don't get your oxy script you are going to kill yourself. That should get their attention. The worst that can happen is the admit you. You should be able to get your pain meds then.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yep its a new deal that the VAMC in Dallas does also puts Vets in the penalty box. I would go to the VAMC and ask for help from the Patient Advocate