VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Award Letter In The Mail Today.

Rate this topic

tagandbag

• HadIt.com Elder

Again, thank you all so much for your support. Hadit certainly helped me in many ways, while waiting on a decision. Today, is probably the first day in a two year period, where I don't give a crap what time the mail comes.

Berta, a lot of my friends told me that I would get the benefits. Took me a long time to even file for a claim, I think I mulled it over for 3 or four years to file for ptsd. I used to have the mind set that I did not deserve these benefits, because I was not wounded physically. I do have to thank my attorney also, as he caight the DRO in a lie and I probably would still be at 50% if were not for him. Then I would be waiting on the BVA for an additional year or two and by that time I think I would have been a babbling idiot, lol.

Larry, I'm not sure maybe a double wing nut.

Cowgirl, I believe you are waiting on a decision and I'm rooting for you in the peanut gallery. Ithink you got your ssd around the same time I did and I believe that is a huge plus in iu decisions. Seems that is what put me over the top.

Pete, thanks. I'm not going anywhere and if I can help a vet I will and if I can't, you and other members surley will.

t&b

t&b

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved my IU award letter today and now just trying to realize that I finally won. Thanks to all. Thank you.

t&b

:) Congrats on your win. I know its been a long hard battle so now you can relax and let it sink in.

4ransom

• HadIt.com Elder

It is a great thing. You may find it hard to ramp down from the battle. You are probably better off than 60% of the American public who are going to have to work til they drop. Finacially speaking it is the truth. Too bad we had to become disabled to find out that fact. If I had worked 40 years at the federal job I had I would still be better off getting IU, SSD, my disability pension and my long term disability insurance 8 years ago. My federal pension is a joke.

• HadIt.com Elder

double wing-nut, fer shure.

Be very aware of one thing.

When I finally made the grade and got my award letter, I was SKY-high, elated, for about a week..........................then my depression kicked in, WORSE than I have EVER experienced (I'm GLAD that I sold my firearms, it was THAT bad), bad enough that I was on the 'phone three different times to my psychiatrist.

Really weird, but I felt "empty", I'd start towards my desk, and I'd stop, knowing that there was NOTHING TO DO AT MY DESK, and I'm NOT driving anywhere, not in the "mood" that I was in...............so, I'm standing in the middle of the floor..........just standing.......nowhere to go, nothing to do, and as depressed as I could be.

Strange. Kinda like all the wind had left my sails. Kinda like the adrenaline rush was over.

Anyway, I wanted you to be aware of this, for my doc says that I'm NOT the ONLY one that has experienced it.

Peace dude.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use