VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Disability Compensation Is A Constitutional Right

Rate this question

Troy Spurlock

Question

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=63954942

In a recent ruling (which I posted of earlier in another area of the forum here), a federal court ruled that a veteran has a 5th Amendment property right to disability compensation claims.

I discuss this ruling and much more in this interview I did; things that include the failures of the VA claims process and other inherent problems found within the VA.

Take a peak and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

One vet helping another vet...all for one, and one for all!

Troy Spurlock

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Someone in the VA actually told you, to your face, to move to another region if you didn't like how they were handling your claim/health care????

If this is true, why haven't you filed a formal complaint against this employee with the patient's rights advocate at the VA hospital and/or VA regional office. Moreover, have you written your Congressman (or woman) about your difficulties?

There are actions you can take to make a wrong into a right in defense of your rights, not to mention the principle of the matter in question.

Please don't let them get the best of you...stay strong and be persistent; things will work out in the end. Though it may take time and a lot of patience (I know from experience...took me 10 years to get my 100% P&T rating), you will get what you've earned and are entitled to for serving your country (THANK YOU!)

T.S.

Oh it's true. No need to file a complaint. The statement is true also. SL VA is not set up for TBI. There is no expertise there. That is why the video is bunk.

I had gone to my congress critters and senator. In person. Both for claims and to get a simple referance to be evaluated for TBI.

In all it took me 14 years to be rated 100% P&T.

I do not discouarge anyone from contacting elected officials and/or the media. Elected officials may help each individual that contacts them. The media does the same when a particular story get's national attention, the VA fixes that particular vets problem, then can say, see we helped him. We here at Hadit help each individual veteran. the same goes for the VSO's.

These tactics have done little to change the claims proccess. The problem is not funding in my opinion. It is accountability.

The only thing that will bring accountability to the VA is full scale protest. A march. Otherwize we continue to help one veteran at a time.

The courts? The VA does not abide by the laws of the country as it is. We know it. They know it. The government knows it. The courts know it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Troy has the right ideas, but Utah is very conservative state. They don't like to spend money on "deadbeat vets". A friend went from California to Idaho. The VA in Idaho is populated by the doctors who are on their way to elephant graveyard. Those freedom loving Western states are loath to spend their money on begging veterans. They are rugged individuals. Just suck it up and keep starving. It took me 40 years to go from 10% to 90% IU. It seems just like yesterday. I was young, mentally unbalanced and jobless. Now I am old, mentally unbalanced and jobless, but I'm not worried 'cause I'm sitting on top of the world. Top of the world, Maw!

I don't see a regional problem. I see a national problem. People in Idaho are Vet friendly.

Think of it this way if you like, Say everyone that visits a stream throws a rock or two into it. These rocks will never dam the stream because they are thrown at spaced out random intervals at different areas along it's bank. The stones simply wash away. However, if all these people were to get together, meet at a designated spot on the bank, and toss their rocks at the same time, there is a far greater chance of damming the stream.

In my opinion, as a group, we are tossing random rocks into the stream, all along it's bank. The stones get washed away.

We need to toss the rocks at the same time, in the same place.

• HadIt.com Elder

I hate to say it but the longer the wars in OIF/OEF drag on the more benefits and more attention vets will get. A long drawn out war with a steady stream of wounded coming back will get attention directed at the dysfunctional VA. Vets will never get together to block the stream. Half of them love the VA, and the other half hate it. Scandals and shameful acts of negligence are what motivates people and politicans to try and fix the system. The AARP is about 100 times as powerful as all vet organizations put together. NRA kicks ass as citizens and cops get blown away with assult weapons. Why...because they control money and can get the vote out during election time. Vet organizations just pose for pictures with smiling jackasses in congress. They all give each other a big wet kiss while slapping each other on the back. Your local chamber of commerse has more pull than most national vet organizations. People everywhere are vet friendly except when it comes to parting with tax dollars to help the vets.

I don't see a regional problem. I see a national problem. People in Idaho are Vet friendly.

Think of it this way if you like, Say everyone that visits a stream throws a rock or two into it. These rocks will never dam the stream because they are thrown at spaced out random intervals at different areas along it's bank. The stones simply wash away. However, if all these people were to get together, meet at a designated spot on the bank, and toss their rocks at the same time, there is a far greater chance of damming the stream.

In my opinion, as a group, we are tossing random rocks into the stream, all along it's bank. The stones get washed away.

We need to toss the rocks at the same time, in the same place.

One of the two regional offices I fought for 5 years was Idaho's R.O.

While it may have been one bad experience (i.e. they were merely keeping the status quo with the Portland Oregon VA R.O.), it nonetheless left me a bad taste in my mouth where that VA R.O. is concerned.

Reality is/was both RO's knew I was right but didn't want to admit it. So the BVA forced them to within 3 months (not 3 years) of receipt of my appeal.

T.S.

Vet organizations just pose for pictures with smiling jackasses in congress. They all give each other a big wet kiss while slapping each other on the back.

So true.

When the DHS terrorist report came out declaring the nation's "disgruntled veterans" the next domestic terrorist, the VFW kowtowed to political pressure in giving a sugar coated defense to the DHS's clearly stated position.

That's one of the reasons why I, personally, wouldn't trust a veteran service organization. They're in too deep politically. AMVETS did me no good during my claims, one rep telling me flat out he did not know how to represent me in my appeal (the one that took 5 years across two regional offices, that I won on my own); and the VFW's response to the DHS publication...now I cannot say that about DAV, as I've heard good things about them. Nevertheless, all these organizations have their "buddies" within the VA and can easily lose sight of the underlining goal...helping the veteran. Hence, the VA organizations fall short just the same as the VA in and of itself.