VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do They Notify Me Next?

Rate this question

Boro

Question

Hi all,

Filed my paperwork July 1, got my C & P exam Sept 1. I know, and the examiner confirmed that I will get service connected disability for my prostate cancer residuals.

When they have finally figured out the amount, how am I finally notified? Does it just show up in my bank account one day? Or do I get a packet of paper that explains the compensation amount, and then wait another couple months?

Appreciate any info from anyone who has successfully been through the entire process.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi all,

Filed my paperwork July 1, got my C & P exam Sept 1. I know, and the examiner confirmed that I will get service connected disability for my prostate cancer residuals.

When they have finally figured out the amount, how am I finally notified? Does it just show up in my bank account one day? Or do I get a packet of paper that explains the compensation amount, and then wait another couple months?

Appreciate any info from anyone who has successfully been through the entire process.

It depends sometimes the money hits the bank before you get the award letter, that has happened to me once, the most recent time it was the other way; I received the award letter explaining benefits and the money came about a week later. Good luck and congrats.

You will know when you walk outside one morning and a big armored cash truck is parked in the driveway. If the trucks empty that's bad news.

franky

Hi all,

You will receive a letter along with a rating decision. With the new system that the VA uses you may get your money (if direct deposit) before your letter arrives via the US Postal Service.

• HadIt.com Elder
Hi all,

Congratulations on a speedy claims process, Boro. You have been through a lot, and I'm glad that you caught that AO presumptive illness in time. As you may know, the examiner sends your C&P exam to your VA regional office for a rater to review your file and award you the service connected disability. I see where you report that you are SC 30% already. Is that a direct deposit? I'm just guessing here, with the way things are going in the system, I would hope that you receive your award letter within 90 days. When you receive your award letter then the increase in comp will go to you the same way your existing 30% SC comp. does now.

Have you received your award letter from the VA yet?

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

It could show up in your checking account before you even get the letter-

I am assuming (and might be an A_S) that you are AO incountry Vietnam Vet and have prostate cancer residuals due to AO exposure?

WOW- your claim is moving fast.Then again it should be a fast decision if you are AO vet.