VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

H1n1 Vaccine.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My fear is from the immune boost SQUALENE rather than the vaccine itself. If it can be proven to me that squaline is not in the vaccine, I will get it.

t&b

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
I don't know that the vaccine is harmfull. But, I do know swine flu is already making it's way through my community and likewize in most states. Chances are I have already been exposed to it. Chances are the majority of this population will have had it or been exposed before mass vaccinations begin later this month. I see no reason to be vaccinated for something I've allready been exposed to or have gotten. I did have flu symtoms last week. I lived. I'm thinking I'll be okay without the shot.

I hope for you sake and all our sakes that the current H1N1 does not mutate, as did the 1918 Spanish flu.

What concerns me is the very very similiar circumstancs surrounding the current H1N1 and the 1918 Spanish flu.

Started off mild, in the Spring of 1918, kind of like the "regular old flu", then, in October of 1918, it became the flu that killed, by December it had pretty much ran it's course, all over the world. 50,000,000 died, mostly young................

They did not die of the flu. The flu did not kill them.

They died of pneumonia.

People were putting their dead out in front of their houses, those that were able to drag them out there, to be picked up, often in garbage wagons. Those that were still alive were often too weak and sick to drag their dead outside.......some even shared the sick beds with the dearly departed.

Food was not being delivered.

The doctors and nurses, well, guess who was hit the hardest.

Yup, I sure do hope that we don't continue seeing history repeat itself.

But, we darn sure were/are NOT ready, I don't care how much our fearless leaders keep saying that we were.................they said the same thing....in 1918....those of them that were still here, that is!

This is not the first time H1N1 has been in this country. It has been here twice before. In 1950something and 1977 I believe. That is why it is more dangerous to the young than the old. Most of us have been exposed already.

there are many strains of flu circulating right now. Any of them could mutate into something more deadly. There is no way to predict, thus vaccinate for the next deadly disease. Healthy people would be wise to keep there immune system natrual, my opinion.

For the rest of our lives, just as our ancesters, illness will come and kill people, maybe me. No need to live in fear of what might happen.

But, we darn sure were/are NOT ready, I don't care how much our fearless leaders keep saying that we were.................they said the same thing....in 1918....those of them that were still here, that is!

Yea Larry, right - like remember the whole world being told

the goobermint was ready for Katrina.

Many of those poor people that already had nothing, are still lost

in the beaurocratic maze (sp).

If an illness hits like 1918 - we are in another big mess because

we know -- we certainly are not prepared for anything of that magnitude.

I better run on down to Bay Pines Cemetary and start digging my hole ~ lol.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

You know the troops from WWI brought the Flu back to the states with them. It killed young healthy people. My mother who was born in Ireland said she remembered the hearses going by in long lines when she was just a child. It was the Flue of 1918. Picture this: A guy going down your street with a wagon or truck ringing a bell.....Bong, bong....bring out your dead. Bring out your dead. Like the black death. You know the 1918 Flu still exists in certain high security labs. They obtained it from the corpes of dead WWI vets and cultured it. This was decades after because the army took tissue samples, and the flu was still alive.

• HadIt.com Elder

"On October 5, 2005, researchers at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York announced that the genetic sequence of the 1918 flu strain, a subtype of avian strain H1N1, had been reconstructed using historic tissue samples."

Wikipedia.....

Now, that there is an interesting tidbit of info!

BTW, there is the theory that the 1918 flu actually originated at Ft. Riley, Kansas, and was carried by some of the troops leaving there and shipping over to France, where it spread thru all the troops and was carried all around the world, either by troops returning home (Australia, New Zealand, England, USA, etc.) and by the crews aboard the ships that were either transporting the troops or the war material.