VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

H1n1 Vaccine.

Rate this topic

I have a heart murmur and I tell the dentist before they do any work on me, they give me a bunch of antibiotics. I take three days before a visit for even a teeth cleaning and finish the doses an hour before treatment. This is supposed to prevent that from happening. My prayers go out to you and your wife tag.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear Tag:

Sorry I missed your earlier post about your wife and you and she are both in my prayers.

Pete

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks everyone for your prayers and concern. Right now I could say she has made a full recovery, she is back to her old self and bugging the crap out of me, lol. Which may be a good thing, as I am full of crap at times.

navydoc2, I am glad you posted what you did. I have a little beef with our dentist. His dental hygenist told my wife at her last cleaning, that they don't prescribed antibiotics for cleaning, if you have a murmur. Apparently, there is some study out, that says it isn't necessary to give the antibiotics anymore. This was three months ago, her last cleaning. I have an appointment with my peridontist friday and will be discussing this with her, she knows the dentist and does not seem to keen on the guy. I may wind up getting an attorney. Also, I was talking with a podiatrist at the VA, who told me that they recieved a memo about antibiotics not being required. I told him thats bulls*#t and he looked at me sort of funny. But he knew I was serious.

t&b