VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange List

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That's good and there are about 20 other diseases that are caused by dioxin exposure they should add before we are all dead. What is the average age of Vietnam vets now? I bet it is over 60 years of age. Time is running out for us.

• HadIt.com Elder
The Ischemic heart disease could turn out to be a biggie.

J

Ya know, I once had a job. It was a very interesting job. My job was to make sure that none of the spray nozzles were clogged.

Now, that there was a really interesting job. Why?. Well, because it has haunted me for the last 40 years.

I'm pretty healthy, on the outside, on the inside my mind is all eaten up. They have never been able to take the fear away.

When you wake up every morning thinking, "Well, this is the day that they find out I'm gonna die from............well, geeeez, let's play "Pick a Disease", okay?"

Sometimes I think I'd be better off just beating the grim reaper to the punch and ending it, before it eats the rest of my soul.

I lay awake at night, thinking....................spent from 0200 to 0600 last night, laying there...........sucks, but I can't take enough sleep meds sometimes, sometimes they didn't MAKE enough sleep meds for me to take.

I know, I know, hell, it could be a LOT worse...................I could be really sick, DMII, cancer, PICK A DISEASE!

Ya, I make jokes. Hell, I'm the life of the party. I'm one funny guy!

ho-ho-ho

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry, I talked to a Vet who in 1968 was stationed in korea and his job was an aircrewman on the Birds that had the sprayers under the wings and his job was to help clean them. So far he has had no issues but he did say almost everyone in his unit has had some type of cancer, Diabetes, All Kinds ofproblems and A lot of his comrads were Already gone.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Explain ischemic heart disease as opposed to other types of heart disease? If the VA were to admit that "heart disease" was presumptive for AO that would open the gates for those of us that are left. Does anyone even know how many RVN vets are left? There were 3 million I think. Supposedly I am connected for CAD via DMII via AO. What is the difference between ischemic and CAD? If I die from brain cancer, or something not presumptive I am really going to be disappointed.

John we both must have ESP- I wondered the same thing as soon as I saw this new AO proposed reg -and have been trying to find good medical explanations of ischematic heart disease (usually due to a blockage) as compared to other types of CAD.

There must be a difference because VA didn't put cardiovascular disease or coronary arterial disease in this proposed reg.Then again I believe the majority of all CADs is in fact ischematic heart disease.

Maybe the difference is a minor and moot point -still this baby will cost VA mega bucks due to Nehmer court Order-

I am stunned that Secretary Shinseki is going to approve this. I bet there will be an influx of many re-opened AO claims.