VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange List

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Billy2

I think that note from your doctor is weak, but the association between CAD and DMII is stong in the literature. A decent IMO doctor should be able to write a good letter for you. The doctor needs to make the link between CAD and the DMII. Now that ischemic heart disease is presumptive for AO that may be enough to get you service connected on its own. The link between PTSD and CAD is also in the literature, but I don't think it is as obvious as between DMII and CAD. The VA's adding ischemic heart disease to the list for AO could mean a lot to you. It might mean a earlier effective date as well. The VA putting ischemic heart disease on the AO list could open up the flood gates.

• HadIt.com Elder

VMO

You really posted an indictment of the VA. They are guilty as charged in your post. They are waiting for us to die off as a cohort of vets. The quicker we die the quicker they can get us off the books unless there is a DIC claim. I think it is about the money. Sick Vietnam vets are way down on the priority list under corrupt Afghan war lords for funding. Most of the population were not even alive when we were in Vietnam.

I have a Question. My Husband died last June of "Coronary Artery Atherosclerosis" and was a Vietnam Vet, I applied for Dic benefits, as he was discharged with a 20% disability of Hypertention (High Blood Pressure) My question is: Since he died of a Heart attack is that gonna be considered AO, or am I just gonna have to hope that they relate his Hypertention to cause of death. How long does it usually take to hear something once paperwork has been filed with the VA for Dic benefits?

I have a Question. My Husband died last June of "Coronary Artery Atherosclerosis" and was a Vietnam Vet, I applied for Dic benefits, as he was discharged with a 20% disability of Hypertention (High Blood Pressure) My question is: Since he died of a Heart attack is that gonna be considered AO, or am I just gonna have to hope that they relate his Hypertention to cause of death. How long does it usually take to hear something once paperwork has been filed with the VA for Dic benefits?

I am not getting a direct "Answer" I know about the 'Ischemic heart disease" are they going to look at "Atherosclerosis" the same way?? Just want a Yes or No answer to my above question.

Thank-You