VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange List

Rate this question

evandc

Question

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Julie-the DIC regulations can be quite extensive -they should be here under the DIC forum-as to a link to the criteria.

Also the VA web site has lots of survivors information.

Have you received a VCAA letter yet? or even a letter conforming ther receipt of the 21-534 clam?

If he was incountry Vietnam vet and died due to IHD contributing or causing death (and it is listed on the deth certificate- it is possible -with a fully filled out 21-526 that VA is holding your claim to await these new regulations.It wou;d not hurt to make sure they know that this is now a potential AO DIC claim.

The 1-800-827-1000 reps

or an Iris inquiry (sent via the VA web site under their "contact us" area might give you some status as to this DIC claim.

Or at least an acknowledgement that they got it.

I had to tell my fprmer POA reps about th Haas case-they had not heard of it- sometimes these reps never use the internet to see what s what in the veterans community and dont read the C & P bulletins and FAst Letters from VA well.

Your rep should have definitely received a Fast letter copy by now of the 3 proposed new AO presumptives.

The veterans community got word of this the same day the Secretary decided to add them to the AO list.

"Ex-wife got half his pension, so, he never put me on his half, guess he must of thought that DIC would pay me more, so why bother. He was right about that, as Dic will pay more than half his pension. "

Was this a VA wartime pension?

What disability was he awarded the pension for?

What was his SC rating in hs lifetime for-if he had a service connected rating?

Julie2

Hi Berta, Thanks for all the info, I called 800 number, and my Dic claim has been done, as of Jan. 13, 2010, but, the girl on the phone couldn't tell me the decision, she said I would be recieving a letter. My husband served 23 years Viet-nam and Persion Gulf. Retired with SC 20% Hypertension. Death Certificate states "Coronary Artery Athersclerosis" with Old mycardial Infart, and smoking was marked. I talked to my VA guy, and he said that the three new ones have not been added yet, probably take a couple years. The new Secretary did not add them as the old Sec. had added in the past. So, if I get a denied letter, guess I'll have a long wait ahead of me. Just hopeing that I don't. Oh, I also had a letter from Pathologist that stated, his hypertension was one direct caussitive factor of his resulltant heart-attack. So, what do you think?

"Ex-wife got half his pension, so, he never put me on his half, guess he must of thought that DIC would pay me more, so why bother. He was right about that, as Dic will pay more than half his pension. "

Was this a VA wartime pension?

What disability was he awarded the pension for?

What was his SC rating in hs lifetime for-if he had a service connected rating?

Julie2, Berta please look above I responded.

"I also had a letter from Pathologist that stated, his hypertension was one direct caussitive factor of his resulltant heart-attack. So, what do you think?"

with SC in effect already for HTN this is excellent evidence for SC HTN contributing to his death.

I had probative evidence too when I filed my AO death claim and then obtained good IMOs as well- and the VARO ignored all that and denied me-for 6 years -

The BVA however read my evidence and awarded.

Hopefully they based their decision on all of your evidence and maybe this could be an award letter coming-

It is impossible to know what the VA will do -even with good evidence.

If they deny you -I would ask them to reconsider based on Secretary Shinseki's new proposed regs-if I were you-

(unless they already considered that and still denied)

or had some other adequate reason- it is hard to know what they will do.

"I also had a letter from Pathologist that stated, his hypertension was one direct caussitive factor of his resulltant heart-attack. So, what do you think?"

with SC in effect already for HTN this is excellent evidence for SC HTN contributing to his death.

I had probative evidence too when I filed my AO death claim and then obtained good IMOs as well- and the VARO ignored all that and denied me-for 6 years -

The BVA however read my evidence and awarded.

Hopefully they based their decision on all of your evidence and maybe this could be an award letter coming-

It is impossible to know what the VA will do -even with good evidence.

If they deny you -I would ask them to reconsider based on Secretary Shinseki's new proposed regs-if I were you-

(unless they already considered that and still denied)

or had some other adequate reason- it is hard to know what they will do.

Julie2

Thanks Berta, I will keep you all posted, when I recieve my letter. Hopefully it will be soon and Good news!!!