VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Rulings On Hearing Loss & Tinnuitis

Rate this question

FRED MOORE

Question

I have heard that there is a new ruling out concerning presumption of service conection on hearing loss and tinnuitis,can any one provide info on this topic?

Thanls for any and all assistance.

Deckape

• HadIt.com Elder

Each ear is rated separately, bilaterally,  but tinnitus is only a 10% rating  and its for both ears  as they can't distinguish which ear actually has the tinnitus?

because its basically its coming from the inside of the head.

They don't know what the cause is for tinnitus. were lucky we get the 10%

I think I read that Tinnitus is (1) of the most often Claimed conditions for an SC.

As to Ratings, Tinnitus has been 10% for one or both ears, for at least the last 10 yrs, probably much longer. Has always been a Symptom reported DX, no actual Medical Test available.

If you had a CIB, CAR, Bronze with V or above, your claimed noise exposure was accepted without further verification. Barring Combat, your MOS will play a pivotal role.

As to actual Hearing Ratings, The Freq Tests and Recorded Word Recognition tests rule the day. You can be exceptionally hard of hearing but if your Word Recognition score is above 90%, good luck on anything other than Hearing Impairment SC 0% Rating.

Merry Christmas

Semper Fi

I have bilateral hearing loss and bilateral Tinnitus, should that be listed as individual disabilities or bilateral?  Bilateral would give more percentage of disability.  Mine is 0% hearing both ears and 10% Tinnitus-both ears.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
4 hours ago, Hardtyme said:

I have bilateral hearing loss and bilateral Tinnitus, should that be listed as individual disabilities or bilateral?  Bilateral would give more percentage of disability.  Mine is 0% hearing both ears and 10% Tinnitus-both ears.

Tinnitus is 10% only, regardless of one or both ears. It counts as a single rating and does not qualify for the bilateral +10% criteria.

I have heard that there is a new ruling out concerning presumption of service conection on hearing loss and tinnuitis,can any one provide info on this topic?

Thanls for any and all assistance.

Deckape

Bump