VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Hearing Schedule

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

Good news, I finally got my DRO Hearing date.........That's exciting.....I believe that I have a clear cut case to have my 0% rating increased...I've gathered new supporting evidence where the Dr diagnosed me and described my symptoms using the same verbiage as the rating schedule.......I don't think there's anyway that can't rule in my favor............Has anyone had experiences with DRO hearings? How long did it take to get a decision after the hearing?..........I know each case is different but I was trying to get a general time frame........Thanks for your feedback

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Good news, I finally got my DRO Hearing date.........

I wish you the very best on a positive outcome with your claim, devjason. Like you, I am waiting for my DRO hearing. I have been waiting since last February, with no due date in sight.

I am happy to see that carlie has responded to your post. We have many excellent members here at Hadit.

I have read most of your posts and see you are going to Waco for your DRO hearing. Is this for the IBS?

Please let us know how the DRO hearing goes. Thank you for any insight you may provide.

Edited by Commander Bob

The answer to your question how long did it take to get a decision after the DRO hearing?

8+ mths. One increased and second one denied again...at BVA going on 2 yrs. post decision.

Seeking info here, try with informing others of your diagnosed condition...VSO use?

:rolleyes:

quote name='deyjason' date='Oct 16 2009, 08:39 PM' post='171217']

Good news, I finally got my DRO Hearing date.........That's exciting.....I believe that I have a clear cut case to have my 0% rating increased...I've gathered new supporting evidence where the Dr diagnosed me and described my symptoms using the same verbiage as the rating schedule.......I don't think there's anyway that can't rule in my favor............Has anyone had experiences with DRO hearings? How long did it take to get a decision after the hearing?..........I know each case is different but I was trying to get a general time frame........Thanks for your feedback

Usually a decision comes in about 3-6 months. Just remember this is not a trial. Be professional but be relaxed. If you are presenting your own arguments then just stick to the facts. If you have new evidence that attacks their prior decison then stay in that lane. Don't try to quote the regs over and over just present your new evidence and explain in your own words why this evidence truimps any decision/arugument they used to deny the claim and by doing so why it demands a favorable decision.

I said above don't quote the regs to them, if the issue involves an interpertation of a reg (their interpertation provided the denial) then that is when quoting the regs and providing your arguments in support of your interpertation becomes critical. However, I think in your case it should be an argument centered around the evidence. Just my opinion... Good luck my friend.

More info: I filed my NOD and requested a hearing in Mar '09 and just received notification that my hearing is in Nov. I filed in WACO but have since move to OK so my hearing will be with Muskogee. I was using Texas Veterans but have to find out what I need to do since I'm in OK. I'm guessing I will have to find another veterans organization to assist me. I'm arguing that my service connected irritable colon syndrome initially rated at 0% should be rated at 30%. Obviously in the initial decision the VA service connected it, so that makes it a little easier. I had been treated for chronic diarrhea since my exit from service only on two occasions at the time of my claim. The C&P Dr. stated that I had IBS and had episodes of diarrhea 1-2 times daily or more with abdominal distress (cramping and pain). The C&P minimized what I had stated, on a good day my diarrhea was 1-2 times, average day 3-4 times, bad day 5 or more time. The problem with my orginal claim was that I didn't have much evidence since I had found any relief it was something I learned to live with without numerous dr visits...Since my rating, I've been to Dr several times, I had a PA diagnosis Severe IBS but I know that doesn't hold much weight. I've also seen a GI Dr. several times....had IBD/Chron's screening done with negative results,,,,had a colonoscopy done with polyp removed.......and received a diagnosis from the GI of IBS that is diahrea pedominant with abdominal pain. That my symptoms were severe and constant but that I have had some relief from the prescriptions. I have also submitted a statement from my wife in support of the claim and a statement from myself..I also found a case from the BVA where the veteran had the exact same symptoms and was awarded 30% through the BVA......someone from the Texas Veterans had told me that I should have filed for reconsideration since I had more evidence and it was within a year but the orginal rep from Texas Vet told me to go the NOD DRO Hearing route......By the time I found out about reconsideration, I didn't want to lose my spot in line and start over........So, far I have been preparing for the hearing on my own but am considering finding a VSO here in OK to help....guess I would need another POA.

I thinking and hoping everything works out.....from a laymens perspective, I believe that I have evidence that proves my current condition is severe according to the rating schedule and should be rated at 30%. I don't know how they could say otherwise.

I have been looking up answers to see how long for decisions after DRO hearings, and so far for me it's been almost 1.5 years since my DRO and no answer yet for 3 out of 6 issues..

6 issues total, 3 denied (got an SOC for those 3, one month after hearing), 3 issues no answer..

so, it appears that it's taking 2x longer since 2009...

at least in San Diego...

Gotta keep reading and see how these cases have progressed since they were posted,, kinda hard to do, looking through old posts..

sorry if I brough old threads back to life.. I know some people hate that...

The answer to your question how long did it take to get a decision after the DRO hearing?

8+ mths. One increased and second one denied again...at BVA going on 2 yrs. post decision.

Seeking info here, try with informing others of your diagnosed condition...VSO use?

wink.gif

quote name='deyjason' date='Oct 16 2009, 08:39 PM' post='171217']