VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Hearing Schedule

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

Good news, I finally got my DRO Hearing date.........That's exciting.....I believe that I have a clear cut case to have my 0% rating increased...I've gathered new supporting evidence where the Dr diagnosed me and described my symptoms using the same verbiage as the rating schedule.......I don't think there's anyway that can't rule in my favor............Has anyone had experiences with DRO hearings? How long did it take to get a decision after the hearing?..........I know each case is different but I was trying to get a general time frame........Thanks for your feedback

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've been waiting since 2/09 with no word in sight on any hearing. I've had some other wins, but can't seem to get this one to budge.

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed a claim on 07-08-2008. I received an unacceptable decision on 02-19-2009. The VARO claims it received my NOD and request for a "Formal DRO Hearing" on 04-14-2009...

On May 4th,2011, I was advised by my VSO that a DRO Formal Hearing was scheduled for later that month, however the VARO sent my "Notice to Appear" to the wrong address. So The VA DRO cancelled the hearing and had to reschedule the Hearing due to the VA's "failure to notify". I was told that a new date would be set and I and my Rep would be notified of the new DRO formal hearing. So, I waited and waited...

Then on Jan 11,2012, I received a big legal size brown envelope, with over 30 pages, including a SOC. There it stated that an "Informal Conference" was held on 05-24-2011 (bogus-never happened) ...So, I never received my "DRO Formal Hearing" , and there was never an "Informal Conference" in May of 2011.... Unbelievable... Well, I filed a VA form 9 & BVA hearing request on Jan 17th, 2012.

Once again, It looks like I fell through the proverbial cracks at the VARO... I must say it looks pretty dank and dusty down here.LOL.

Long story, short ... I waisted almost 3+ years waiting for a DRO Hearing that never happened... Next stop is to climb out of the cracks & shredded paper, and move on down the yellow brick road, to the BVA.

Later,

Cmdr. Bob

post-4811-0-15848300-1334097473_thumb.jp

post-4811-0-40403400-1334097944_thumb.jp

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

CB,

I am almost willing to bet the farm that in May 2011 -

Your VSO chad communication with the DRO

and this is the "informal conference" they are referring to.

I would bet that you are right, carlie...

I submitted a FOIA/Privacy Act request for my c-file, several months ago... I should know something more then.

* (footnote)... On Feb 9th, 2012, I was informed by my NSO, that the VA computer system shows a FOIA/Privacy Act request was received, however, he now tells me that my request for the copy of my c-file is missing from my claims folder ????

Edited by Commander Bob

Oh my freaking %%## I am not sure how your situation is, I would have to read up and see what your claims are,, and how you ar doing, but I would think anyone no matter what would be driven insane by now... and for those that are already close to insane , through no fault of their own,, probably would have to restrain teir instincts to kick somone's ass..

it's so damned sad there is no accountability at the VA.. I haven't seen any..

I think you alos may have a case for congress, amybe we can bundel together the evidence they are incompetents, and have aocgressional hearing on the crazy nuts running the system...

the are either crazy, stupid, evil, or al the above to keep doing these things to people that deserve better, legally, morally, etc...

I hope you are ina better possition than me and can think clearly, eat, have a coupe dollars and have family support and get whatever medical help you may need..

What is driving me mad al the time is the constant sickness and pain,,, mailaise, and then being screwed at both ends,,,

I filed a claim on 07-08-2008. I received an unacceptable decision on 02-19-2009. The VARO claims it received my NOD and request for a "Formal DRO Hearing" on 04-14-2009...

On May 4th,2011, I was advised by my VSO that a DRO Formal Hearing was scheduled for later that month, however the VARO sent my "Notice to Appear" to the wrong address. So The VA DRO cancelled the hearing and had to reschedule the Hearing due to the VA's "failure to notify". I was told that a new date would be set and I and my Rep would be notified of the new DRO formal hearing. So, I waited and waited...

Then on Jan 11,2012, I received a big legal size brown envelope, with over 30 pages, including a SOC. There it stated that an "Informal Conference" was held on 05-24-2011 (bogus-never happened) ...So, I never received my "DRO Formal Hearing" , and there was never an "Informal Conference" in May of 2011.... Unbelievable... Well, I filed a VA form 9 & BVA hearing request on Jan 17th, 2012.

Once again, It looks like I fell through the proverbial cracks at the VARO... I must say it looks pretty dank and dusty down here.LOL.

Long story, short ... I waisted almost 3+ years waiting for a DRO Hearing that never happened... Next stop is to climb out of the cracks & shredded paper, and move on down the yellow brick road, to the BVA.

Later,

Cmdr. Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh my freaking %%## I am not sure how your situation is, I would have to read up and see what your claims are,, and how you ar doing, but I would think anyone no matter what would be driven insane by now... and for those that are already close to insane , through no fault of their own,, probably would have to restrain teir instincts to kick somone's ass..

it's so damned sad there is no accountability at the VA.. I haven't seen any..

I think you alos may have a case for congress, amybe we can bundel together the evidence they are incompetents, and have aocgressional hearing on the crazy nuts running the system...

the are either crazy, stupid, evil, or al the above to keep doing these things to people that deserve better, legally, morally, etc...

I hope you are ina better possition than me and can think clearly, eat, have a coupe dollars and have family support and get whatever medical help you may need..

What is driving me mad all the time is the constant sickness and pain,,, mailaise, and then being screwed at both ends,,,

Thanks for your understanding and support, 'retiredat44'. I know that you are going through a lot as well.

On top of everything else, I can also understand the injustice and torment a VA appeal will cause, if you let it get to you.

It has been a long journey for me. My case has gotten so bizarre and absurd, that I try not to let it cause me any more anguish.

It has been said that "...in life, pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional", so I will try to keep pushing forward until i find resolution and peace.

My most positive thoughts are with you, our fellow vets and their families.

CB

(edited for clarification)

Edited by Commander Bob