VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Hearing Schedule

Rate this question

deyjason

Question

Good news, I finally got my DRO Hearing date.........That's exciting.....I believe that I have a clear cut case to have my 0% rating increased...I've gathered new supporting evidence where the Dr diagnosed me and described my symptoms using the same verbiage as the rating schedule.......I don't think there's anyway that can't rule in my favor............Has anyone had experiences with DRO hearings? How long did it take to get a decision after the hearing?..........I know each case is different but I was trying to get a general time frame........Thanks for your feedback

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks, Carlie for your wisdom, your counsel.and understanding. Your time in replying to my post is greatly valued. I sometimes have to stop and laugh at myself, put all this VA paperwork aside, and just go on R&R for a while....I think I'm overdue. I'll keep this rant of mine to the VA in the draft file, where it belongs, along with your notes, . Sometimes dealing with the VA gets very frustrating. The injustice is so wrong and cruel, it sometimes makes me speechless.....

Of course In the end I would have toned it down before I pass it over to a lawyer to handle. Sorry for not answering all your questions. I do however, find many answers in the questions you present..

Your friendship is priceless,

Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

"It has been over 10 months since I requested a FOIA/Privacy Act copy of my VA records, so that I may seek a competent Doctor to conduct a true and an "Independent Medical Opinion", before the beginning of my formal BVA hearing."

In my case (more than once) they turned my request for information from my c file into a new claim and then treated it as such in terms of timing. They also tried to hold up my appeal over it. Luckily, I was watching Ebenefits and caught it right away. If you have not checked Ebenefits you might check and see if they have turned your FOIA request into a claim

Thanks, 'deanbrt'. I'll check it out.

C.B.

• HadIt.com Elder

... CB - The PH is enough support of stressor to garner SC but unfortunately in no way

does it or any additional awards/medals factor into current evaluation percentage

of disability...

Thanks for the clarification, Carlie. I concur. That knowledge will help vets seeking answers.to that issue.

Actually , I am not trying to change my current percentage. After 45 years of confronting PTSD head on, and personal hard work, I feel that my current VA percentage is acceptable for this type of condition. My dilemma lies in my current "VA Diagnosed Code #."

When the Army's CRSC program told me that I did not have the correct PTSD "VA diagnoses code number." , my condition was considered non combat related. I remember in the 1960's... When I needed them the most, they were not there for me. The VA's refusal to correct the record adds insult to injury. I can only imagine how many PTSD Vietnam vets have gone on misdiagnosed.. Or how many nam vets committed suicide because the VA and the medical community had a lack of knowledge regarding PTSD, back then.

It's not the extra $20.00 a month that bothers me. My issue lies with the VA's refusal to correct the record, and give me the proper code#, I find the VA's stubborn refusal to admit the discrepancy notable. It's like they cannot admit they were wrong.

It cheapens my sacrifice and insults my service to this country.

C.B.

Edited by Commander Bob