VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ticket To Work Program - Social Security

Rate this question

fanaticbooks

Question

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Back to the "Ticket to work" When you turn 65, and SSDI is in place, SSA will send you a no longer eligible notice.

The wording is somewhat misleading. You even get the notice if you have never become involved in the ticket to work program.

• Community Owner

I have been on SSDI since 2009. I disagree with most of the above I can tell of hore stories of mentally challenged persons who was working in a protected environment and the company overpaid him and lost his benefits for 2 years. 

The "Ticket to work" is only to induce people to try to work to see if they can get you on the fact that you can do work. "Sustainful gainfully activity." is the magic words used. 

If you are 55 or older you are considered to be untrainable to a new job regardless of if you can be retrained. It's a SS Rule.

I have seen people lose their SSDI like the above for as little as $500 a month. For example if you are receiving $1000 a month and you make $500 to $600 a mo. It is my guess that SS has an unpublished  formulary where you earn X% of your SSDI and that makes you employable.