VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success Stories

Rate this question

bigoc

Question

I was looking for successful or unique experiences with Rehab program?  (pilot training, or other off the beaten path stuff)

Please keep to the successful ones, I am not a VA cheerleader I just know all about the unsuccessful ones.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was looking for successful or unique experiences with Rehab program? (pilot training, or other off the beaten path stuff)

Please keep to the successful ones, I am not a VA cheerleader I just know all about the unsuccessful ones.

I do. I finished Voc Rehab in 1999 with a BA Degree. Re-entered in 2008 to pursue my PhD. More importantly my re-entering Voc Rehab exceeded the 12 year mark of discharge.

Sailorman

That is VERY exciting to know!!!!!!!Sailorman

Congratulations!

I know what it is like to return to college after decades -it is both horrible and WONDERFUL!!!!!!

When I returned tp college and enrolled in AMU -no parking problems and no snow storms to make me late for classes-

I finished my degree on line at AMU.

Then again I found on line college was much harder then traditional-

but that might have been because I was civilian in a military university.

We were mandated to take a technical writing course before we could proceed with our degree program as internet college is primarily 99% written thesis and exams etc etc etc.

One of my first thesis submissions on tactical battle maneuvers in the Vietnam war had my USMC Major prof's name on cover page but one pixel off.

I had not used the centering thing for it in Word. I was tired ,the submission deadline was close, and I figured he would never notice that.

He called me up from Quantico to chastise me on the pixel error.

And then he told me I got an A.

My husband didnt do well in Voc Rehab due to his SC disabilities.He was at Corning college -not internet clases and the college did give him accomodations to his PTSD but when he had major CVA they dropped him from, Voc Rehab.

good question -I dont know- in some cases the GI Bill can be transferred now to dependents.

The VA web site under Educational Icon or Mil.com could better answer that unless someone here knows.

Voc Rehab and GI bill are vastly different but maybe the Voc Rehab counselor is correct-

Was he/she trying to get you to use your GI bill instead of Voc Rehab?