VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi

Rate this question

kansasguy

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

He or she meant the residuals of TBI are at least as likely as not related to the TBI.

Do you have a strong nexus (link) of the TBI due to your service?

Is the event that caused the TBI documented in your SMRs or service records and also on your discharge certificate?

Such as concussion from IED of (date)

Did the doctor make any statement at all that the TBI was directly related to your service?

I see you get 20% now- what is the 20% for?

Yes, the doctor needed to say at least as likely as not.

I'm assuming you must have something in you records that show a possible head injury, as Berta asked. The VARO doesn't like to schedual C&P's unless there is already something in your records.

I fell 8 feet head first and split my head open. I was takeing to the ER and they stitched it up. After my discharge I got in trouble after trouble and the VA shrink told me I have TBI from the fall. I am 20% for sinus issues and I scar from when i fell. I got copy of nero phyc test. That doctor said I appear to have LD ADD and not the result that be consitant with TBI. My c&p doctor said that it is at least likly as not resudues from TBI. My shrink put in her report she can't say if my behavioral change is from TBI from the fall or PTSD from a assult I had in service. I called the 800 number and they said that my claim is for TBI secondnary depresion and ptsd. But I did file for ptsd when I did my new claim so not sure y they added that on this claim.

They should rate the PTSD separately from the TBI residuals.

The blank TBI C & P should be here at hadit-

Lots to it

The ptsd from the assult keep getting denied because the army destroyed the unit records and also the Mp's. So I cant verify the stressor for the ptsd. I found my old drill sgt and she wont write a letter about what happened. She said she would but than backed out. The c&p doctor put that my fatgue, servere depression, headaches are at least likely as not from TBI. But he told me during the exam ptsd and tbi show alot of the same symptoms. but never stated that in the c&p report. Also since I am on meds for depression and ptsd will that mess my nerophyc test off? should I request a test and stop takeing the meds for awhile if they will mess with the results? Also I was hung over really back the day of the test and its noted in the test will that mess up a test? I just can't figure out how they are saying its just LD when I had to other doctors looking at the same info and comming up with either TBI or PTSD.

Yes, TBI and PTSD have the same symptoms. It is very difficult to seperate the two. But it sounds like the C&P doc service connected the TBI. You may have a problem with your treating doc saying ADD. It sounds to me that you probably need a new treating doc. TBI is consistant with attention problems and getting into trouble after an injury. I would tend to think ADD would have had you getting into trouble before the injury also. The ADD may be the barrier to SC.

I wouldn't worry about the PTSD at this point from a rating perspective. If you are SC for the tbi your depression will be rated seperatly. The depression and PTSD would recieve one rating, it should be the same rating whether PTSD is part of it or not. In other words, if SC for tbi you will get one rating for mental health even if there are two issues. So if PTSD is not SC, the rating for depression should be the same.

Okay, I re-read your post. The neuro-psych that did the test thought ADD? Your treating psych and C&P doc say TBI? I think you'll be Okay. It's possible the rater will deny TBI the first time around but you will win the end.