VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim

Rate this question

rfsvt

Question

I'm a 30% disabled vet and was given the rating for high blood pressure and a fused 11th and 12th broken vertebrae. Recently, I was told by a cardiologist that I have Sudden Cardiac Death and Super Ventricular tachycardia. I was sent to an electrocardiologist for further evaluation and last Monday I got an SVT heart ablation which failed. Within a few minutes of the failure, they put in a permanent 2 wire pacemaker.

Today, I contacted my DAV rep in Big Springs, TX and he told me to get a statement from my doctors indicating if my high blood pressure was a cause for my SVT. I contacted my cardiologist's office and they said I had to talk with the electrocardiologist. They didn't want to stick their necks out. I got a feeling I'm going to get the run around on this one. What should I do?

Thanks

rfsvt

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm a 30% disabled vet and was given the rating for high blood pressure and a fused 11th and 12th broken vertebrae. Recently, I was told by a cardiologist that I have Sudden Cardiac Death and Super Ventricular tachycardia. I was sent to an electrocardiologist for further evaluation and last Monday I got an SVT heart ablation which failed. Within a few minutes of the failure, they put in a permanent 2 wire pacemaker.

Today, I contacted my DAV rep in Big Springs, TX and he told me to get a statement from my doctors indicating if my high blood pressure was a cause for my SVT. I contacted my cardiologist's office and they said I had to talk with the electrocardiologist. They didn't want to stick their necks out. I got a feeling I'm going to get the run around on this one. What should I do?

Thanks

rfsvt

Update: 12-15-09

12-15-09 update.. Sorry time has gone by really fast. I had way too many doctor visits. I went ahead a got a complete ct scan of my entire spine. Maybe someone here can explain some of this. I really don't know what to expect.

1. Cervical spondylosis involving c4-5, c5-6, c6-7 level.

2. Schmorl's node involving superior endplate of C4 vertebral body

3. Hypertrophy of the uncinate process on the left side at c4-5 with mild formainal compromise.

4. Hypertrophy of the uncinate process on the right side at c5-6 with foraminal compromise and impingement on right c6 nerve root.

5. Hypertrophy of the uncinate process on the right side at c6-7 with neural foraminal compromise and impingement on the right c7 nerve root.

6. Anteriro subluxation of c6 vertebral body with reference to c7.

7. Loss of cervical lordosis

At c7-t1 level there is degenerative disc disease. There is flexion deformity involving c3-4, c4-5, disc spaces. There is degenerative disc disease involving c4-5, c5-6, c6-7 disc spaces.

At t1-t7 levels, there is degenerative disc disease with loss of discal height.

Slight subluxation of c4 vertebral body on the standing lateral flexion view, which gets reduced on the standing lateral extension view.

At c4-5 level, there is degenerative disc disease with considerable disc space narrowing. Central spinal canal appears adequate. There is a touch of foraminal stenosis of the left side due to hypertrophy of the uncinate process. (there are a couple more like this which is about the same.).

I don't know if this was due to the fall I had back in the Army. When I fell off of the truck, hit the ladder, and rolled off of it head first, the only thing the military said at the time via xrays was 11/12 vert fractured. Landed on mid-lower back and upper back. I maybe barking up the wrong tree, but could this cause cardio problems or should I just refile on my back disability as a secondary claim?

thank you for your time,

rfsvt