VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Psych Result

Rate this question

erico541

Question

i just got my summary from the psych for my tdiu. i am currently 90% and this is what the dr. said it is at least likely as not that the veterans ocd and major depressive order are directly related to his military service,specifically the cold injury residuals and the manner in wich thise injuries occured. it is at least as likely as not that this veteran is incapable of obtaining or maintaining gainful employment due to the severity of his mental and emotional problems at this time. my gaf is 45 i feel this is in my favor these are the exact words used by the dr. any input you folks have would be greatly appreciated. my daughter graduates army bootcamp in 8 days god bless

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was awarded IU two months ago with my cp psych doc putting emphasis on my isolation and inability to find work. My GAF was 50. Do you isolate? Have any anxiety? It looks good to me especially since you are already 90%. Congrats on your daughter.

Edited by navydoc2

the doctor wrote that the veteran appears to have little social activities, if any . he spends most of his time immersed in his depressive symptoms and his ocd symptoms. he has attempted to obtain work,but has not been able to follow through . he has failed the vocational rehabilitation program at the va. those are the exact wording used

i just got my summary from the psych for my tdiu. i am currently 90% and this is what the dr. said it is at least likely as not that the veterans ocd and major depressive order are directly related to his military service,specifically the cold injury residuals and the manner in wich thise injuries occured. it is at least as likely as not that this veteran is incapable of obtaining or maintaining gainful employment due to the severity of his mental and emotional problems at this time. my gaf is 45 i feel this is in my favor these are the exact words used by the dr. any input you folks have would be greatly appreciated. my daughter graduates army bootcamp in 8 days god bless

erico,

Are you already SC'd for a Mental Health disability ?

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

In my opinion you are a slam dunk for TDIU provided you do all the things that VA requires. Did you fill out the request for TDIU? What about Social Security?