VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi And Ptsd - Va Report

Rate this question

carlie

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

TBI and PTSD - VA Report

Aug. 2009

Prepared for:

Department of Veterans Affairs

Veterans Health Administration

Health Services Research & Development Service

http://www.hsrd.research.va.gov/publicatio...I-PTSD-2009.pdf

I would just like to say this one thing.

As an E-7 (PSG) in Germany I was responsible for insuring that my Tanks were secured everynight. I went to the vehicles and insiured all were secured. On several occassions I slipped and fell off of a Tank or two while conducting this inspection, sometimes I fell right on my head from about 5 feet, woke up azed and confused. I was too embarrased to let anyone know that I made such a stupid fall. I saw stars and was dizzy for a few minuted and regained my stability to continue my work.

Some soldiers don't complain or let anyone know about these embarassing situations, "we suck it up". If we complained about a hurt head or what caused it we would have been laughed at. How else would senior NCO's get promoted if we went on sick call to get a iagnosis for such a stupid situation?

Some military people have different reasons for their problems than even you can"t understand, just like I don"t understand some of yours.

My suggestions to you is to try and understand every MOS is not the same and we all go through different situatuions.

I have tried to explain things that happened to me in a polite manner in hopes that people (soldiers) such as my MOS have experienced. You have given blanked responses and not done you reaserchon what makes a soldier in different MOs's. I am a retired 19Z50R8. Take a look at what this Mos entails from Basic to retirement then if you understand, you can make a comment on what I went through and still am. I don't understand all the circumstances surrounding yur situation, but I am co mpassionate to listen and try to be undersatanding.

also, you don"t have all the answers like you post. Keep it simple and don"t pre-jude just based on your military experience. Ifyou want to help then try reading between the lines or do some research on each MOS, then make a helpfull comment.Not everyone is as intelligent as you perceive yourself to be.

Mike, enough said

Mike

Some military people have different reasons for their problems than even you can"t understand, just like I don"t understand some of yours.

My suggestions to you is to try and understand every MOS is not the same and we all go through different situatuions.

I have tried to explain things that happened to me in a polite manner in hopes that people (soldiers) such as my MOS have experienced. You have given blanked responses and not done you reaserchon what makes a soldier in different MOs's. I am a retired 19Z50R8. Take a look at what this Mos entails from Basic to retirement then if you understand, you can make a comment on what I went through and still am. I don't understand all the circumstances surrounding yur situation, but I am co mpassionate to listen and try to be undersatanding.

also, you don"t have all the answers like you post. Keep it simple and don"t pre-jude just based on your military experience. Ifyou want to help then try reading between the lines or do some research on each MOS, then make a helpfull comment.Not everyone is as intelligent as you perceive yourself to be.

Mike, enough said

Mike

mike /3/8/cav,

Just what is your problem and with who.

Where did you come up with all of this crap you posted above,

since there has not been another post in this thread, I take your

comments to be aimed at me.

WTF are you talking about ?

carlie

Yeah- I just read this too-----

is this vet arguing with the VA pdf or with you Carlie?

I too said WTF!!!!! when I read this- ;)