VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non Combat Ptsd

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Some months back when I went to my PTSD examination, the doctor did not want to hear about my stressors prior to Vietnam. He said we just need to leave it alone. I believe that I had PTSD even before I went to Vietnam. Should I persue this, or just do like the good doctor said and drop it?

Papa

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can prove it maybe. The reason is that if you can show aggravation of PTSD that was acquired prior to your service and there is no fraud in the papers you filled out than maybe. You will still have to prove it.

Do you have a stressor that you can prove?

It was not prior to service, but prior to vietnam. I was forced to climb telephone poles, and stay until the pain got so bad, I would fall or slid down the pole. I have Hereditary Angioedema. Since the doctors did not see blood, or a bone sticking out, they thought that I was just trying to get out of climbing poles. I could have done that the first day when they ask about being scared of heights. Stupid me. I use to pull long splinters out of my chest and stomach.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that the Doc was trying to help you. I also think that unless you have a provable stressor that you should look into another way to win your claim. If you were afraid of heights that may indicate another dx that would be eaiser for you to win.

• HadIt.com Elder

You don't even want to mention PTSD prior to service or Vietnam. If it was me I wound not mention PTSD prior Vietnam. You need a stressor. Did you ever get shot at on one of those poles?